Well, I never carry my camera when I am on alert at Offutt since there is normally nothing there to shoot that I haven't gotten already. I normally only carry it when we are bouncing through other bases. I did meet a gentleman named Tom Guy who kindly passed along some of the pictures he was taking. He gave me permission to post them here. He took some truly beautiful shots. I especially like the fourth one (the head-on of 254). I think the KC-10 (from McGuire) and the OC-135 (Open Skies bird) make an awesome background for the shot. So thank you Mr Guy.

IMG_0787_zpsf66cb220.jpg

IMG_0789_zps8ec2db38.jpg

IMG_0792_zpsbdfb44d9.jpg

IMG_0793_zpsc2d2e26e.jpg

IMG_0794_zps10a58771.jpg

IMG_0796_zps0ae11e02.jpg

IMG_0800_zps2796f344.jpg

Cheers,

Dave

I gotta get back out spotting, as soon as my car is fixed.....damn things! On a side note I think Dylan should be banned from posting in this thread lol j/k I really like the prop vortices on that dash and the ACA A330 is awesome! Keep them coming folks great pics all around!

Edited by tdogg

Was sitting in the living room of my apartment yesterday afternoon, when I started hearing a helicopter. About a minute later or more, a CH-53E flew over. I could tell it was a big one b/c I heard it so long before I actually saw it. It was flying fairly low, but don't have any idea of the actual altitude, but it was low enough to make out all the detail on the airframe. It was pretty cool, its the first one of those I've ever seen.

neat, is that in kelowna?

I saw that one flying out of YVR last week

Sure is, nice shot! Mine is only on my phone's camera, I didn't get to take any others really because we were pretty busy, turned her around and paperwork done in 9 hours.

Such a nice plane to work on after back to back to back -200s - APU ignitor plug only takes ~10 minutes to change compared to 2 hours! Spotless inside and out, too..

neat, is that in kelowna?

I saw that one flying out of YVR last week

DSC_2985_zpse0330aa9.jpg

Dave and Andrew thanks for those great fighter shots, I would kill to be that close to a F-35 touching down

Great shot. Awesome color on that one.

thats quite the view from your office Gerald.

not only did I see but I heard two of the coolest sounds in aviation.

a twin huey

DSC_5227_zps2eb7bfe0.jpg

and a few 777's, they make the coolest howling sound when they spool up.

DSC_5333_zps462ba06e.jpg

DSC_5356_zps3167c058.jpg

and a very weathered A330

DSC_5274_zps417aedbe.jpg

RNAF (Royal Netherlands Air Force) just brought 8 F-16 A and B models here last week they are scheduled to be here another 2 weeks. I haven't gotten pictures of them yet. I will ASAP. They are a squadron of aircraft scavenged from 4 other squadrons from two bases in the Netherlands. And as soon as I can I am going to get pictures of all 8 Aircraft together. I have already gotten given these. Hope you all like.

8470716001_7c6edc5674_z.jpg

2013-02-13 12.12.44 by Devilleader501, on Flickr

Money can't buy class, but it can buy a cool airplane...

I tried catching this for ages back in NY, with limited success, so imagine my surprise when I saw on FlightAware that it arrived in Charlotte this morning. The Donald was in town to speak at a business group conference. And yes, that's snow...

JM_2013_02_16_N757AF_001-XL.jpg

Money can't buy class, but it can buy a cool airplane...

I tried catching this for ages back in NY, with limited success, so imagine my surprise when I saw on FlightAware that it arrived in Charlotte this morning. The Donald was in town to speak at a business group conference. And yes, that's snow...

Nice shot bud :cheers:/>

Edited by Wayne S

Thanks, Wayne!

Trump was scheduled to depart around 4:30, so I headed back out - there were even a couple of breaks in the clouds, and I was able to get a shot without snow falling.

JM_2013_02_16_N757AF_002-XL.jpg

I hung out at the airport overview waiting for him to depart. Then the wind picked up, the ceiling came down, and the snow started up. It got to where I couldn't see the runway, less than 1,000 feet from where I was parked. Several aircraft reported breaking out right at minimums, and one US Airways pilot had the line of the day when he told tower "This looks like Pittsburgh!"

I did get some cool deicing shots, though! I headed home, and Trump ended up departing after 7:30pm.

JM_2013_02_16_KCLT_DeIce_006-XL.jpg

I just found this thread, some really great shots! These are some that didn't make the cut for publication from a shoot I did at Haneda last month.

This shot shows the hectic atmposphere there, an ANA 737 pulls out while a JAL 777 lifts off:

IMG_6431.jpg

A JAL 777 takes off with the Sky Tree in the distance:

JAL.jpg

747 Pocket Monster!

15.jpg

This is something that you don't see very often, the support crew for a 787 bowing and waving as the first delivered 787 pulls out.

IMG_5982.jpg

Nice work, Brian! Hope to see more from you here.

With NASCAR Speedweeks underway at Daytona, the two Roush Fenway Racing B727s have been in and out of CLT all week. Finally the combination of schedule and weather came together today, and I was able to get one of them as they headed down to the beach.

JM_2013_02_17_N422BN_001-XL.jpg

JM_2013_02_17_N422BN_002-XL.jpg

JM_2013_02_17_N422BN_004-XL.jpg

Thanks Moose, you too! Heres a few more shots from January.

An Allegiant MD-88 taking off from Williamsburg Int'l airport Virignia, reminds me of the old Valujet scheme:

IMG_3963.jpg

Virgins Tokyo Maiden at Narita in Tokyo Japan

IMG_7816.jpg

A380 "New York" taxis after touchdown at Narita in tokyo Japan.

IMG_7745.jpg