What a coincidence Phantom I saw one of those today too! and a few others, was a bit of a dull day, of course as I'm typing this the sun is coming out :doh:/> I don't mind though sometimes shooting in the grey skies can add a nice touch to the pics(for me anyway lol)

This 727 is looking her age today

IMG_5503-1_zpscab200ee.jpg

IMG_5518-1_zpsf8020cd4.jpg

IMG_5532-1_zps7fb7222b.jpg

IMG_5590-1_zpsca203c1c.jpg

IMG_5599-1_zps83218349.jpg

IMG_5609-1_zps7c4e123f.jpg

If it's free I'll take it!!

IMG_5616-1_zpse9b6f96e.jpg

IMG_5653-1_zps6659e0b0.jpg

I was lucky enough to see one of American's new ERJ's here in Ottawa today. Got pictures but I wont get them online till tomorrow sometime ( I hope..moving on wed so I am not sure if I will get them up). I am still on the fence over this.. I love the gray colour and I think they look better than the Aluminium, but I just can't get passed the ugly tail! Oh..and I also got to see a CF-188 and a couple of Alpha Jets!

Sean

So as promised, here are some pictures of what I got too see around work over the past week or so.

first the "new" American ERJ

004.jpg

a TACA A320 that diverted from Toronto due to weather, I was hoping for a neet picture but I got a Star Alliance scheme <_</> 002.jpg

Another first for me, the first Air Canada Express E-170. It is still registered to AC but it flies under the callsign "maple" which is Sky regional's.

004.jpg

a generic CF-188 transiting through..gas 'n go

001.jpg

and the highlight for me, an RAAF Boeing 737

001.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Sean

Weird colour on the radome of that hornet. Nice photos BTW70.gif

yeah... I wish I had a chance to get a close up but we were just to busy. It was like a dark gray epoxy or something that was applied over the tip. Very rough application, you could see the tan through the brush strokes and the rear line was nowhere near straight. your guess is as good as mine, but I would assume a scratch or something that they sealed.

Sean

Yup went back out again today, another rainy grey day, and I love these days as much as the sunny ones. Sure the pics are a bit darker but for me it's about more than just the perfect shot over and over of planes I want to capture them in the full range of operations so yeah they may not be A.net worthy but they are worthy of a place in my albums! :D/>

IMG_5717-1_zpsd4a5ecca.jpg

IMG_5724-1_zps326afd8f.jpg

IMG_5731-1_zpse4081fbc.jpg

IMG_5743-1_zps8bcafdd9.jpg

IMG_5774-1_zpsd64fe360.jpg

After a long week at work, a little aviation therapy was called for Friday evening. It helped that it was 80 degrees with a gentle breeze...

JM_2013_04_12_N744P_001-XL.jpg

On Saturday, we had a couple of interesting visitors. This C-21A, 84-0079 was in from the Michigan Air National Guard in Battle Creek.

JM_2013_04_13_84-0079_001-XL.jpg

This Swift Air 734 brought the Milwaukee Bucks to play the Charlotte Bobcats tonight.

JM_2013_04_13_N801TJ_001-XL.jpg

Yup went back out again today, another rainy grey day, and I love these days as much as the sunny ones. Sure the pics are a bit darker but for me it's about more than just the perfect shot over and over of planes I want to capture them in the full range of operations so yeah they may not be A.net worthy but they are worthy of a place in my albums! :D/>/>/>/>/>

thats exactly the way I feel about planespotting.

and today I spotted a bug. does anyone know if this is the plane that flew through hail sometime in 91/92?? I cant remember if it was 762 or 761

DSC_7353-XL.jpg

DSC_7372-XL.jpg

DSC_7370-XL.jpg

DSC_7356-XL.jpg

DSC_7379-XL.jpg

Edited by dylan

I was out at the local airport yesterday playing around with my new camera when one of the flying clubs out there brought this L-60 Brigadyr out to play:

img0099if.jpg

img0102pt.jpg

img0103br.jpg

There was something of a headwind and she got off the ground with barely any take off roll at all.

Yeah!

I was impressed by the size of those carriers. What caught my attention was Nimitz herself.

She's the first of her class and she still looks sea-worthy despite being 38 years old.

No kidding!

I remember seeing the Nimitz at Puget Sound in 1987 or so. She was in for a refit and so the deck was totally empty, standing on that empty deck and seeing how much space there was on it was mind blowing.

thats exactly the way I feel about planespotting.

and today I spotted a bug. does anyone know if this is the plane that flew through hail sometime in 91/92?? I cant remember if it was 762 or 761

DSC_7353-XL.jpg

Don't know about hail, but 761 is the one that was rebuilt after two(!!!!!) ejections. Was also the 409 colour bird.

Yeah I remember hearing that about 761. I kinda liked the big red X on the tails of AETE birds more than the little ones they have now. I'm a little biased having spend quite a bit of time drooling over their equipment while visiting my dad at work lol. Forgot to add this one from yesterday, sadly couldn't get a better shot of it but it's the first Dornier 328 jet that I've seen in person, and what a paint job!

IMG_5757_zps838d2350.jpg

Guess I'll have to try and get a ramp job like Dylan so I can get nice and close for those wicked shots! :coolio: