C-GLQO-1_zps43213f7c.jpg

C-FJJZ_zps4b05a285.jpg

C-FJJZ-1_zps24090cb2.jpg

Moved spots but the rain didn't let up for long

C-GTVS_zps6130022b.jpg

Tdogg,

Outstanding photos..

I think they are wonderful.... :jaw-dropping:

Two days ago I saw a smallish yellow colored helicopter with blue rotor blades and blue tail..

No idea what it was but saw it buzz over MY Aunts house... <_<

Moose I love the colours of the vision 737.

TDogg great series, the first shot of the Porter Q400 is great. every time I see one of those 1900's I am glad we didn't paint ours in those colours.

Today I decided to shoot something different...the other side of the Virgin A340

DSC_1461-XL.jpg

DSC_1468-XL.jpg

this one is great except I cut off the very tip of the nose

DSC_1474-XL.jpg

DSC_1500-XL.jpg

DSC_1536-XL.jpg

DSC_1532-XL.jpg

Beautiful as always everyone. I seriously need to find out what you all are using to capture all of these excellent photos. I really want to get into Plane watching but have no idea where to start. If you all would graciously give me some pointers I would be grateful for the input. Love seeing all of these pictures though. Brian I am not sure what you are using but I think with your setup you could get some pictures of the space station circling the earth. Those planes look like they are traveling in the upper atmosphere. lol

Beautiful as always everyone. I seriously need to find out what you all are using to capture all of these excellent photos. I really want to get into Plane watching but have no idea where to start.

I am using a n!kon D7000 and the 70-200mm f2.8 lens. it is a great combo for planespotting. N!kon has a newer version the D7100 which has an even better autofocus system. BUT! the combo of lens and body alone will cost you about $3500. definately not for someone on a budget.

the most important thing to know is that the lens makes all the difference in the world. spend the money on good glass and it will last you for a long time. I spent a lot of $$ buying a bunch of cheap lenses trying to get one that would do the job of an expensive lens. right now all I ever use is the 16-35mm f4, the 50mmf1.8 and the 70-200mm f2.8 VRII. the 16-35 is great for landscapes and the 70-200 is awesome for planes.

the 16-35 in action

My link

hth

Dylan

Edited by dylan

I had a fun filled day, I got to go to Campbell River and rescue a 1900 that wouldn't start.

here is my ride to YBL leaving me alone with a busted plane and a bunch of tools. oh yeah it started to rain about 5 minuts after I got the cowlings removed.

DSC_1583-XL.jpg

but the weather cleared and the F and O showed up for some fuel with their harpoon equipped helicopter

DSC_1614-XL.jpg

and what would a day at a small Canadian airport be without a gratuitous Beaver shot

DSC_1633-XL.jpg

luckily due to my mad skillz at changing parts on a 1900, I made it back in time to shoot the first flight of lufthansa's A330 from Munich.

DSC_1957-XL.jpg

DSC_1968-XL.jpg

they even gave them the full on firetruck treatment

DSC_2014-XL.jpg

DSC_2085-XL.jpg

Headin into town for a baseball game last night. Passed on the small two lane bridge by two rich dumbbutts in a Ferrari 350 spider with temp tags on it doin about 100mph. Turn to my wife and tell her I wouldn't be surprised to round the corner and see it destroyed because most guys wreck their supercars immediately because they don't know how to handle it.

Lo an behold 5 seconds later...

null_zpsae979bb3.jpg

Video here.

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h423/bigasshammm/E5CFBBAC-47D6-46FC-9E7B-F74DD5F7D894-39578-00000B28A0CF4FE7_zps3ca85fe3.mp4

Apparently they ran the red light and were nailed by that car. Then they or out of the Ferrari and took off running on foot.

Thankfully no one was seriously injured. Had my 5 and 3 yr old in the car and I didn't want them to see that.

Bye bye Ferrari.

Edited by Bigasshammm

wow somebody's going to jail

I finally got some shots of a new Jazz Q400, there are 3 of them based in YVR now.

DSC_2124-XL.jpg

DSC_2138-XL.jpg

some of the older Dash-8's are looking a little tired

DSC_2272-XL.jpg

It was the first flight of the season for Condor

DSC_2629-XL.jpg

DSC_2644-XL.jpg

DSC_2658-XL.jpg

it seems like the Airbus widebodies are more popular than the Boeings these days. apparently Japan air going to start flying their 787 to YVR next week

Great, I need to get out there and shoot some aircraft with the new TC. :D

:woot.gif:

as usual, I am a few days behind in posting my pictures..but here are a few I have sen over hte past 7-10 days:

Air Tindi Dash-7. Was on a layover while participating in the evacuation of the Natives from Northern Ontario

002.jpg

a few Calm Air ATR-42's..this is just one of them. also participating in the evacuation mentioned above

002.jpg

a ticycle beech 18..always a rare sight

001.jpg

004.jpg

007.jpg

and finally, a few shots of CF-18 188744 that came in for a long weekend! Thats one way to get away!!

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Sean

After getting a little sleep following my overnight shoot in DC, I stopped at Gravelly Point Park, next to National Airport, for a little spotting. Rwy 19 was in use, bringing arrivals directly over the park.

Turning to line up with the runway after flying the River Visual Approach

JM_2013_05_19_DCA_%20N869NN_001-XL.jpg

JM_2013_05_19_DCA_%20N205FR_001-XL.jpg

JM_2013_05_19_DCA_Gravely_Point_001-XL.jpg

JM_2013_05_19_DCA_%20N667DN_001-XL.jpg

At one point, movements stopped, and off in the distance I saw that familiar three-ship formation of white-topped Marine helicopters. Unfortunately, the long lens was in the car (100-400mm is overkill at Gravelly Point) so again I didn't get very good shots of them...

JM_2013_05_19_DCA_Marine1_001-XL.jpg

JM_2013_05_19_DCA_CRJ_Approach_001-XL.jpg

JM_2013_05_19_DCA_N538AS_001-XL.jpg

JM_2013_05_19_DCA_%20N744P_001-XL.jpg

A Washington Metro Police boat pulled in the channel between the park and the airport, heading over to the boat ramp. There were a couple of kids in the front of the boat, and they were towing a small, capsized boat. They were followed by a DC FD River Rescue boat. Police and FD rescue units showed up to meet them. Looks like the PD and FD pulled the kids out of the river. Based on the lack of urgency, I assume they were fine.

JM_2013_05_19_DCA_Metro_Police_Marine_Rescue_001-XL.jpg

Moose,

Superb Shots as always..

Good o see the Brothers in Blue were to hand to help those kids. :salute:

GOOD job. :yahoo:

Martin Sam et al thank you for lovely photos. :wave:

Edited by HOLMES