Owner Jack Roush's Beechcraft Premier. This is a replacement for the Premier he crashed at Oshkosh several years ago.

JM_2015_08_09_N6JR_001-XL.jpg

Note the reference to the 357TH Fighter Group on the intake cowling...hope he's not flying it. :rolleyes:

Edited by 82Whitey51

I don't know that Roush flies the Premier anymore, but he does still fly his P-51, Old Crow. The markings on the jet match the markings on the Mustang. He flies it out of Concord enough, I need to get some shots of that one of these days.

We had an IL-76 drop into CLT today. An AA A330 ferrying from Europe to CLT diverted to Newfoundland the other day with an engine problem. The -76 picked up a replacement engine and associated equipment for the engine change.

JM_2015_08_30_IL-76__RA-76511_003-XL.jpg

JM_2015_08_30_IL-76__RA-76511_004-XL.jpg

JM_2015_08_30_IL-76__RA-76511_005-XL.jpg

We had an IL-76 drop into CLT today. An AA A330 ferrying from Europe to CLT diverted to Newfoundland the other day with an engine problem. The -76 picked up a replacement engine and associated equipment for the engine change.

JM_2015_08_30_IL-76__RA-76511_003-XL.jpg

JM_2015_08_30_IL-76__RA-76511_004-XL.jpg

JM_2015_08_30_IL-76__RA-76511_005-XL.jpg

Great shots Moose, I was just about to post a inquiry on the LLyushins presence there as I spotted it as we taxied by during my layover there yesterday morning from Miami. I'm assuming it flew in for the weekend?

Was at work today and saw this guy fly over on it's way in to KGRB. Went out at lunch at snapped a couple of photos of it parked at one of the FBOs.

Coincidentally enough, as I'm typing this, I just saw another one fly in to land. Not sure why they're here, but it's nice to see some interesting aircraft. This one (and I'm sure the other one) belongs to Phoenix Air Group out of Georgia. Not sure what pod is under the wing, though. Since these appear to fulfill a role as adversary aircraft for the US military, I'm guessing it's some form of EW or targeting pod. Maybe somebody here can identify it. Either way, I dig the paint job.

Phoenix%20Air%20Learjet%20N547PA_zpsfp9dpacd.jpg

:cheers:

Justin

:D, No photos but earlier today I heard an aircraft approaching from the southwest and went outside to see a RAAF C130J flying over at about 2500' heading from Richmond to Williamtown. We don't see Hercs in thses parts much anymore, not like in times gone by when you'd see the East Coaster late every Thursday afternoon or evening on its way back to Richmond.

:cheers:,

Ross.

• 2 weeks later...

Checking out of a hotel in Salina, KS on Wednesday, I saw a jet on approach to the local airport. Turns out it was the Bombardier CS100 flight test aircraft. I was able to get a couple of shots on their second approach. Turns out Bombardier is using Salina for flight test of the new aircraft.

JM_2015_09_30_Road_Trip_Bombardier_CS100_C-GWXK_001-XL.jpg

JM_2015_09_30_Road_Trip_Bombardier_CS100_C-GWXK_002-XL.jpg

Antonov:

not Russian----is Ukrainian.

Antonov is and has been a Ukrainian company. They formed a cargo airline, using planes they build.

Note the Ukrainian flag on the plane.

These days the difference is significant.

Also, it's good to note that even in Soviet days the Ukrainian aircraft industry (and others) was key.

By a happy accident, I found the observation deck in terminal 4, Heathrow Airport. It gives you a decent view of the action on the arrival end of 27L. Its glassed in, so you have to deal with the limitations of shooting through glass.

Kind of hard to miss the entry.

UoJchT.jpg

Overhead view of airport, observation deck is in the lower right corner.

XDLMlY.jpg

Graphic layout of the airport

VWYDoY.jpg

This place is 787 central.

f1EiGk.jpg

nrpxar.jpg

RkirNI.jpg

View of Concorde from there

DmzgGa.jpg

From smallest to biggest.

u54uaq.jpg

Special markings for 2015 Rugby Cup which were going on while I was there.

mV6VPh.jpg

From the local time I took this shot, this was either the Chicago or Los Angeles departure. Notice the Ethiopian 787 in the background.

IAUU5R.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been a very busy morning for the flying leathernecks...first two AH-1's, then two UH-1's, and finally an MV-22B (my first sighting). If you haven't seen/heard one IMHO you can't mistake it for any other aircraft it has very distinctive engine sounds.

Edited by #1 Greywolf
  • 2 weeks later...

Dubai Airshow 2015, Dubai World Central/Al Maktoum Int. Airport. The last show (2013, its a biannual trade show) was canceled due to heavy rains, high winds and thunderstorms... in the desert...

First time I've seen a A350 in person. These new generation airliners are incredibly quiet.

bSX0xV.jpg

3I99jR.jpg

WZuCLb.jpg

CMMxj9.jpg

MjdN6W.jpg

6Y6fLk.jpg

oAOSCO.jpg

tPY657.jpg

j8zhKd.jpg

xriYhB.jpg

Edited by Ishthe47guy