I thought they used the VH-60 now?

I guess the VH-3 isn't retired?

Tim

From what I've read, the VH-60 is typically used to fly lower level VIP's or support personnel. The VH-3 is still used to fly the "Big Guy".

From what I've read, the VH-60 is typically used to fly lower level VIP's or support personnel. The VH-3 is still used to fly the "Big Guy".

Yup still using the VH-3 while the guys over at the Presidential Helo program drag it out for a long as possible (sound familiar???)...job security. I need to go see if they're hiring anytime soon.

Today I saw the following:

Beech 18 - flying

Tigermoths - flying

Fox moth - flying

Beech staggerwing - flying

Waco - flying

Two vampires - flying

Two strikemasters - flying

Spitfire Mk IX - flying

Yak -3M - flying

Catalina PBY - flying

Spitfire Mk XVI - flysble, but not flying.

Me-109 Buchon - flying

Photos later....

Edited by B2 Rick

Yup still using the VH-3 while the guys over at the Presidential Helo program drag it out for a long as possible (sound familiar???)...job security. I need to go see if they're hiring anytime soon.

Probably didn't help that they had to start the whole thing over

Probably didn't help that they had to start the whole thing over

Exactly...and not hire on anyone who'd been working on it from the start. My neighbor spent two years setting up the systems lab...when asked how long it would take to dismantle it, he told them, "two years".

Another beast visiting CLT. They have been here for several days, and aren't scheduled to leave for more than a week.

JM_2016_04_09_RA-82078_001-XL.jpg

JM_2016_04_09_RA-82078_002-XL.jpg

It still has the remnants of the "20 Years" anniversary sticker on the tail.

JM_2016_04_09_RA-82078_003-XL.jpg

Saw this today, I expect Dylan to be posting pictures as they leave Edmonton at 2 PM for Vancouver (don't forget the time change!).

you got a lot closer than I did scoob. they had to park it where I dont have access to. but I will have to be happy with these.

DSC_7018-L.jpg

DSC_7027-L.jpg

Very nice Dylan, I took shots on the departure too for Vancouver, I'll post them later today.

They were a little late departing Edmonton as a bunch of fixed wing air ambulances all came in at once with patients in critical condition.

Thanks Gary. there were about 200 people around the perimeter fence waiting for them to arrive.

here are a couple more shots.

DSC_7011-L.jpg

DSC_7063-L.jpg

DSC_7032-L.jpg

I even had some company while I was out shooting.

DSC_7036-L.jpg

Went spotting for the first time in a long time, saw the usual local stuff but of note got a glimpse at one of the Coast Guard's new choppers looks like a new version of a jet ranger can't remember the designation and didn't have my camera ready for it when he came in. What I wanted to see was this...

IMG_8319-1_zpsaszr2bcb.jpg

IMG_8325-1_zpsdaaulciu.jpg

Stopped I assume to top the tanks on the way from Madrid to Havana as it was scheduled and not a diversion and I believe they have done this in the past when there's a strong headwind across the pond.

Il-96 I think ...

-Gregg

It is yup, first time I've seen one. Last time I saw Cubana here was the delivery flight of their first AN-158. While they do operate flights from Halifax during the winter for tourists they lease A319's and A320's from Avion Express for those flights.

I'm wondering if its the camera lens, but the AN-124 wing looks like it has barely any anhedral to it at all... It looks like its sticking straight out. No fuel in it I wonder?

Probably not much fuel in it, plus it may be the angle - since I was down on the ground and shooting a bit upwards, I was probably lined up right along the wing.

Last summer, Hendrick Motorsports upgrade to this pair of Embraer 145 jets. I caught them today arriving back home at Concord Regional Airport following the NASCAR race in Bristol, TN.

JM_2016_04_17_N508RH_001-XL.jpg

JM_2016_04_17_N509RH_002-XL.jpg