Intruder/Prowler pics

And Intruders..?

With the old Navy scheme.

They were retired by the time I started flying, so the only ones I could take pictures of are the one by the front gate at Whidbey, and the one in the city park in Oak Harbor.

Regrettable, as I suspect being a BN would have been fun.

Some cool prowler pics there.

Interesting to see the stains in the undersides, is this hydraulic fluid?

Julien

Either that or oil, or a combination of both - the spots where the leaks originate are near the pumps for both.

Probably mostly oil, as the hydraulic fluid is a little redder than what you see there. Remember, it's a Grumman product - if it ain't leaking, it ain't full.

Some really nice pictures here! The stars and stripes one is particularly impressive.

Btw, in the first pic that Karl posted, is the backseater flipping off the camera?

Chris

Quite possible. I'd have to go dig up the original one to be sure (higher resolution, bigger pic, all that). But it wouldn't be entirely unheard of. We flipped off everything.

Quite possible. I'd have to go dig up the original one to be sure (higher resolution, bigger pic, all that). But it wouldn't be entirely unheard of. We flipped off everything.

I thought flipping off the camera was SOP to aviation guys.... right up there with the overhead break...:rofl: