Sukhoi parking only!

It's a Czech AF Su-25 - with a Frog 'tankbusting' with a hammer.....

More nitpicking: it is actually a Czechoslovak Su-25, since these pictures appear to have been taken at Boscombe Down in june of 1992. :salute:

Im looking for a picture that was on ARC some time ago. It has 3 aircraft in formation one was the Berkut fighter a Su-27 in a simple grey and black camo pattern and if I remember a Su-27UB.. If anyone has this picture could you please post it? Im really wanting to do my 72 scale Su-27B in the black and grey scheme.. Thanks in advance..

Tom

Thats the one.. Thank you Zmey..

Tom

No problem, glad to help. But if you are going to make the grey/black Su-27SK, there are a lot more and a lot better photos of it out there. Check airliners.net. And if you need more - let us know :thumbsup:

No problem, glad to help. But if you are going to make the grey/black Su-27SK, there are a lot more and a lot better photos of it out there. Check airliners.net. And if you need more - let us know :thumbsup:

Well that is/was my general idea. I kinda like the subdued camo over the wild yellow, blue, green schemes ive seen on Flankers. Its funny im usually a Tomcat guy but I have to admit after seeing pictures and reading about the Flanker its definately a sexy plane. Thanks again for your help.

Tom

More nitpicking: it is actually a Czechoslovak Su-25, since these pictures appear to have been taken at Boscombe Down in june of 1992. :thumbsup:

Correct - I shot that at Boscombe Down. I think I have some close-up shots of the tail fin, but they're not scanned at the moment.

no it doesnt.

T-34 has "Christie" suspension, the tank on the Su-25 has roadwheels and upper rollers that support the track.

The tank is actually pretty generic - to my eyes it resembles the U.S. M47 and M48 "Patton" tanks which does have the return roller suspension that Zmey describes.

So what do you guys think the odds would be if a Flanker were to go up against a US fighter?

Steve

Honestly I would be afraid to find out . I was always told that the plane didnt make a difference it was the pilot that you had to worry about. You could have the newest, best super fighter and a crappy pilot and end up losing.

designfriemel thank you for the links.. Simply a beautiful aircraft.. Now the next question is.. Does anyone have any idea what colors of grey are used? One looks almost like gunship grey but since im no Flanker expert I thougt I would ask.. Thanks guys..

Tom

designfriemel thank you for the links.. Simply a beautiful aircraft.. Now the next question is.. Does anyone have any idea what colors of grey are used? One looks almost like gunship grey but since im no Flanker expert I thougt I would ask.. Thanks guys..

Tom

Tom,

The Su-27SMK is included on the excellent Begemot decal sheet 'Su-27 Family - Demo Flankers'

As well as the relevant decals, the instruction sheet has full colour details with FS numbers.

You can download the instruction sheet as a .pdf file from here

The colours are - Flat Light Grey / FS 26495, Flat Medium Grey / FS 25327 & Gloss Black / FS 37038

Ken

So what do you guys think the odds would be if a Flanker were to go up against a US fighter?

Steve

If someone decides to answer that question - the odds are very good, this entire thread will be locked and deleted very soon.

One vs. the other is a taboo subject around these parts. Dont ask.... dont tell.

:doh:

So, what are the chances of a tandem seat Su-33?

Ves :)

:trolls:

Ves B)

Zilch......

When they were doing trilas for a carrier-capable Flanker trainer, they tried a tandem layout like the Su-27UB.

But there were problems with the differeng lines-of-sight between the front and back seats - the eyelines are vastly different.

That's why they have gone with the side-by-side Su-27KUB / Su-33UB.

Ken

Tom,

The Su-27SMK is included on the excellent Begemot decal sheet 'Su-27 Family - Demo Flankers'

As well as the relevant decals, the instruction sheet has full colour details with FS numbers.

You can download the instruction sheet as a .pdf file from here

The colours are - Flat Light Grey / FS 26495, Flat Medium Grey / FS 25327 & Gloss Black / FS 37038

Ken

Ken thank you for the information and the link. The decals look fantastic. Now if I can find a set here in the states I would be a happy man. I looked on the lindenhill site and didnt find them so im off to the next dealer.. Hmm does Hannants ship to the US? Thanks again..

Tom

If someone decides to answer that question - the odds are very good, this entire thread will be locked and deleted very soon.

One vs. the other is a taboo subject around these parts. Dont ask.... dont tell.

Well you all know who would win then!!!!! hahahaha!!! USA USA USA!!!!!

Just Kidin guys I love the Flanker. It's a very good jet.

Steve

:trolls:

Ves B)

If you purchase the fair begemot decal set for SU-27K+ you get complete colour schemes for this experimental aircraft too.

It is a second gen. repr. SU-27UB (of course) ser. no. 02-01

It has some interesting marks on it for tape recording during test flights.

DEFINITELY a rare model if build. :thumbsup:

No canards here, so no need for scratch-build-hassle or unaffordable conversions ;)

Besides it shows normal markings as any other SU-27+ serial aircraft - which would be a bit unusual for an experimental bird -

So i am not certain if it actually has ALL 'tiny' markings as the serial birds.

If indeed, get the begemot compl. stencils - aivailable soon

cheers

If you cannot get them in US try this seller in Germany - good guy.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Begemot-48005-decalset-...VQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.de/Begemot-48007-Decalset-...VQQcmdZViewItem

The begemot decals are good - no doubt whatsoever

but i think Lindenhill's are a bit sharper...

http://cgi.ebay.de/Decalset-fuer-SU-27-Fla...1QQcmdZViewItem

no worries - i am not one of these ebay traders :thumbsup: