Sukhoi parking only!

So what do you guys think the odds would be if a Flanker were to go up against a US fighter?

Steve

We'll find out in about three weeks . . .

(Runs for cover and closes the door quietly).

- Rip -

So what do you guys think the odds would be if a Flanker were to go up against a US fighter?

Steve

I found this page quite tidy regarding this topic:

http://www.ausairpower.net/DT-SuperBug-vs-Flanker.html

My favourite so far is this less fancy one:

http://vayu-sena.tripod.com/today.html

In general Globalization gives analysts a great headache - an example:

VSI

Vision Systems International, LLC in Cali

manufactures a HMD MIG-21 compatible (first flown 1955 by the way ) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PIMP MY BIRD, DOWARISH !

This might be a stupid question and if it is please pardon my ignorance but are there any US Flankers? What I mean is does the US (Navy,ect,ect.) Use the Flanker for training ??

Just wanted to share this but I just won 3 1/48 Flankers (Su-27B, Su-27UB Flanker C and a Su-35 Versitile) and 1 1/72 Su-30KN Flanker. The 1/48's are from ZhengDefu and I dont know how the quality of the kits are. The 72 scale kit is from Zvezda and I dont know anything about the kit but the box art looks good. So any ideas on how to spruce up these kits would be apperciated.. Ok horn tooting is done now..

Thanks Flanker Experts..

Tom

This might be a stupid question and if it is please pardon my ignorance but are there any US Flankers? What I mean is does the US (Navy,ect,ect.) Use the Flanker for training ??

Just wanted to share this but I just won 3 1/48 Flankers (Su-27B, Su-27UB Flanker C and a Su-35 Versitile) and 1 1/72 Su-30KN Flanker. The 1/48's are from ZhengDefu and I dont know how the quality of the kits are. The 72 scale kit is from Zvezda and I dont know anything about the kit but the box art looks good. So any ideas on how to spruce up these kits would be apperciated.. Ok horn tooting is done now..

Thanks Flanker Experts..

Tom

get the academy kit, Tom. There is no alternative.

Zhengdefu is just a waste of time, trust me. Numerous people have been through this.

I do not know the Zvezda kit, as i do not do 1/72s, but it should be fair compared to the zhengdefu.

forget MHM too.

also consider getting a correction nose - Quickboost is still available i think

The Russians have been flying derated 33 klb Al-41Fs in a Su-27S since 2004.

Is this true? I have never heard of this. I can see that Su-47 could fly with AL-41, but not Su-27.

Edited by Berkut

Wikipedia:

"United States

Two Su-27s were delivered to the United States in 1995, probably for aggressor training."

I recall that one or two Su-27 were registered as civil aircraft in US - but i have no reference - wether those were the one's mentioned above.

680 aircraft manufactured alltogether in CCCP/Russia - considering this amount, the chaos during beginning 90s and the western interest in Falnkers...

...most propable

I have never seen any picture of fly worthy Su-27 that is "american".

me neither, i know it sounds weird, but money can buy almost everything...

su-27s are no exception

I think that those would not be displayed or shown publicly - possible loss of USAF reputation...

but this is all too vage anyway...

Wikipedia:

"United States

Two Su-27s were delivered to the United States in 1995, probably for aggressor training."

I recall that one or two Su-27 were registered as civil aircraft in US - but i have no reference - wether those were the one's mentioned above.

680 aircraft manufactured alltogether in CCCP/Russia - considering this amount, the chaos during beginning 90s and the western interest in Falnkers...

...most propable

Wow!! civilian Flankers.. Gotta win the lottery now.. :) .. I recieved pictures of the Zhendefu kit sprues and honestly they look like the airfix 72 scale kit just made 48 scale.. Well im building an airfix 72 Flanker now and its not so bad.. I cant find the academy kits here or online. Ive tried sprue brothers and there out of stock and a few other site with no joy..

Tom

Wow!! civilian Flankers.. Gotta win the lottery now.. :) .. I recieved pictures of the Zhendefu kit sprues and honestly they look like the airfix 72 scale kit just made 48 scale.. Well im building an airfix 72 Flanker now and its not so bad.. I cant find the academy kits here or online. Ive tried sprue brothers and there out of stock and a few other site with no joy..

Tom

Spend some more time looking, tom. this academy kit is well available NOW.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Soviet-SU-27-Flanker-B...VQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Academy-2131-1-48-Sukh...VQQcmdZViewItem

30 $ is fair price. make sure not to get ripped off with shipping costs.

many ebay sellers run real shops too - ring them up and order direct, so you do not need an ebay account.

cheers

Spend some more time looking, tom. this academy kit is well available NOW.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Soviet-SU-27-Flanker-B...VQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Academy-2131-1-48-Sukh...VQQcmdZViewItem

30 $ is fair price. make sure not to get ripped off with shipping costs.

many ebay sellers run real shops too - ring them up and order direct, so you do not need an ebay account.

cheers

Designfriemel thank you for the info and link. Ordered the kit from the guy on Ebay. Now where can I find a twin seater and other models from the Flanker family? As soon as I get the Zveda kit i'll take some pictures of the sprues and put them up on ARC . Im thinking about doing a detailed build. Thanks again..

Tom

Designfriemel thank you for the info and link. Ordered the kit from the guy on Ebay. Now where can I find a twin seater and other models from the Flanker family? As soon as I get the Zveda kit i'll take some pictures of the sprues and put them up on ARC . Im thinking about doing a detailed build. Thanks again..

Tom

Academy also makes a twin seater. Sadly, those are the only models of the Flanker in 1/48. 1/72 you have the Airfix, Hasegawa for original Flankers, and Italeri makes an Su-34. Oh, Trumpeter is also due to produce a 1/72 Flanker sometime soon.

Academy also makes a twin seater. Sadly, those are the only models of the Flanker in 1/48. 1/72 you have the Airfix, Hasegawa for original Flankers, and Italeri makes an Su-34. Oh, Trumpeter is also due to produce a 1/72 Flanker sometime soon.

sadly ?

I am glad there is a decent kit ;-)

sadly ?

I am glad there is a decent kit ;-)

I've heard that it's a decent kit, but I'd love it if there were more Flanker variants available in model form. Su-30, Su-34 (in 1/48), Su-35, Su-37. All those would be great, but for now you'd have to do a LOT of scratching to make any of the more modern Flankers.

I've heard that it's a decent kit, but I'd love it if there were more Flanker variants available in model form. Su-30, Su-34 (in 1/48), Su-35, Su-37. All those would be great, but for now you'd have to do a LOT of scratching to make any of the more modern Flankers.

Being a new Flanker guy I will agree 100%. Has anyone heard of the Encore Su-35? A friend of mine built one and it looked really good but I cant seem to find more info on it. Anyone have a SOL conversion kit they would be interesting in parting with? I know its a long shot but the ones on Ebay are out of my price range. :thumbsup: Guess its time for me to sell my Hasegawa Tomcats to fund my new Flanker addiction.. ;)

Tom

isn't it collect aire doing su-34 in resin?

su-35/37 if not a scratch-build talent def. need for a sol set. the set's quality is actually bad, depending wether you got a late shot or an early one.

su-33 different subject. only great effort on the canards and tail boom i reckon. the radome should be the same as su-27s.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=132790

seen this thread?

Edited by designfriemel
Being a new Flanker guy I will agree 100%. Has anyone heard of the Encore Su-35? A friend of mine built one and it looked really good but I cant seem to find more info on it. Anyone have a SOL conversion kit they would be interesting in parting with? I know its a long shot but the ones on Ebay are out of my price range. :thumbsup: Guess its time for me to sell my Hasegawa Tomcats to fund my new Flanker addiction.. ;)

Tom

there is one here

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-48-SOL-Sukhoi-Su-35-...1QQcmdZViewItem

and another one here

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-48-Academy-Su-27-wit...1QQcmdZViewItem

if be prepared to spend 350+

which is ridiculous for the only parts really worth it (i think): nose/radome, canards and 'maybe' tail boom

i know this issue is areal turn off :-(

miniarm..... just bla bla... so far

but i quote a flanker fan from here: hope dies last!

Ken I just spent the last 2 hours reading everything on your site. Its very informative and well written. You have obviously done your homework.. Oh and BTW thanks alot now I want to get the 32 scale Flanker with ofcourse the Zactomodels parts.. :woot.gif:

Tom

Got a question for you guys.. In the movie XXX there is a jet fighter at almost the end of themovie chasing the Ahab sub. I know its a Su but what model it is? I have no clue.. Any chance you guys know what model it is?? Thanks again..

Tom