Pics taken at ILA 1994 in Berlin with a small camera. the prints suffered a lot over the years.

MiG-29 Fulcrum-A

scan0005.jpg

scan0001.jpg

I'm not sure, but could the blue-grey aircraft be a MiG-29K Fulcrum-D (the ship-borne fighter)?

The grey-green aircraft (blue ?06, maybe 506???) could be a MiG-29M Fulcrum-E.

scan0002.jpg

scan0004.jpg

EDIT:

Some more from ILA 2006:

MiG-29OVT

ILA2006143.jpg

ILA2006167.jpg

The pic below was taken by a good friend of mine:

PICT0097.jpg

Edited by ChernayaAkula

Never seen a Sue live, so MiGs it is then. Just a very quick look of what I've got:

A Polish Fulcrum:

P1030470.jpg

P1030487.jpg

A retired FinAF MiG-21bis:

P1030428.jpg

A detail shot from the underside of a Finnish bis:

MiGMilDraken037.jpg

Edited by janman
here is a mig-21R

mig-21-1.jpg

are you sure it's an R?

yeah it does carry the recon pod on the center station but pods can be changed IIRC, while one of the most visible external modifications to R version was small "bullet-like" pods at the wingtips, which are not present on the example of that pic...

are you sure it's an R?

yeah it does carry the recon pod on the center station but pods can be changed IIRC, while one of the most visible external modifications to R version was small "bullet-like" pods at the wingtips, which are not present on the example of that pic...

You can also identify the MiG-21R by the missing aoa vanes on the pitotube.

I personally checked the constructionnumber of this aircraft and can confirm it is positively a MiG-21R, indeed missing the RWR pods on the wingtips!

well the rwr wing tips must hae been removed,cos thios one is a R positive,you can tell by the big pitot tube and the smal pitot tube below the front wind scree,i personaly hae seen this mig-21 and it is a R type one...

• 4 weeks later...

It's not NATO compatible, and the upkeeping is extremely expensive compared to the new Gripens which are NATO compatible. As Hungary is member of NATO, it has to keep up to the requirements.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...