This build already got it's own little history. In August i got a 1/32 TBM-3 rather cheap and searched the net for info on the kit and aftermarket parts. That's how i found this site. I stumbled over a lot of info on Trumpys P-40 kit and as one of the earliest models i built was Revells P-40 i wanted to do an up to date P-40 model. So i got Cutting Edge's pit, Eagle Cal's decals, Kagero's book only to find no kit available..... :lol: Got hold af a part time hobby dealer who had the kit! Started building the kit and found the GB info, i rapidly pulled the emergency break and started building a Hasegawa 1/48 F6F-3, to have something to do until oct 1st.

This is what i've done so far:

IMGP5017.jpg

IMGP5076.jpg

IMGP5079.jpg

No.

I might have the cowl removable, depends on fit. The engins sure is sweet, it's finished and painted now, so i'll have to take some pics of it, maybe post them tomorrow. I've reinforced the cockpit joints with epoxiglue as i'm afraid built in stress might be too much for the superglue. Next is the cockpit floor, it was a real dog to remove from the castingblock.

Thanks for your comment Mikester

The promised engine pics:

IMGP5283.jpg

IMGP5285.jpg

IMGP5286.jpg

IMGP5287.jpg

IMGP5288.jpg

Its painted grey with some greengrey parts, aluminum pipes and oilcoolers, unpainted Eduard screens and a thin layer of black on some parts - looks almost like metalic black. The exhaust stubbs are painted in a mix of gunmetal and old bronze.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi

One week to go and i will not be able to finish. The reason is simple, embarrasing and stupid. I had an accident with the wing, i stepped on it! The wing got destoyed and the PE attached to the wing, so i had to wait for new PE, and try to get a new kit for the wing. The PE took forever to arrive and the kit doesn't seem to be imported to Sweden any longer. I finally found a unfinnished stalled kit that was for sale and can use the wing parts, so it's back to square two.

It will be finished eventually, but not in time for the end of this GB. Isn't that great for a first time entering in a GB??

I could have entered another kit, but my P-47 started out as a Pacific bird, Bonnie, then i had a look at the documentary Thunderbolt, got hooked and switched to Hun Hunter XIV, at the painting stage, too far built to enter here. Also, i started work on another med P-47 (The Ox Cart) while waiting for parts (P-40), paint to dry (HHXIV) and glue to dry (Wildcat). I never even considered saving face and entering that one, i was so focused on trying to save my P-40 entry.

P-40 progress? Well, the fuselage and cockpit is finished.

OK

I did start both P-47s after the GB started and HHIV could be finished in time. I hope i don't run out of time. I'll be back with a last minute entry on sunday if it's possible to complete it in time. I work 10 hour days as a truck driver (15 ton box van).