Tamiya 1/32 A6M5

My wife went on a shopping trip to the states and picked me up a Tamiya 1/32 A6M5 kit#60318 released 2007. My wife does not know alot about aircraft but knew I wanted a Zero kit in this scale but I really wanted the A6M2 kit.

I am not an expert on the zero and was wondering if there was a huge difference between the A6M2 and the A6M5 as I really want to build the overall IJN grey paint scheme.

Though they appear the same they are quite different. Shorter wings, different cowling, exhaust system, lower air scoop. Non of my references show a grey A6M5. But don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Wifey bought you a wonderful kit! :o

I have to echo some of these statements in terms of the A6M5 kit. It has got to be one the best engineered, best detailed kits in any scale from a main-line vendor. And no, I don't think that color scheme was ever used on the A6M5. Build it anyway!! You'll be glad you did!

Tell the wife the jesture is 100% top notch in buying that kit. Don't say a word about wanting something different and build it anyway. There isn't a chance in hell my wife would do that, not that she doesn't support the hobby, I just come home with far to many kits as it is (so she says).

That is supposed to be one great kit.