Ok, so I originally planned on building an HH-60H for this group build. But due to some slight complications (the kit being destroyed half way through), I opted to go for an audible and build the 1/72 Fujimi SH-3H. It is completely OOB and was painted with TamyaTestacryamels (I.e....you name it, and it was probably used). Not Rock Star status, but I think it came out OK.

Enjoy.

SH-3H-topshot2.jpg

SH-3H-3.jpg

SH-3H-4.jpg

SH-3H-6.jpg

SH-3H-5.jpg

Cheers

Matt

Nice work, are these the kit decals? I have 2 of these in the stash and think the scheme looks great! :woot.gif: Need to drag them out and have a go at them.

:woot.gif:

Yeah they are the kit decals. I was actually going to build a "D" (I really wanted to build one with the flag on the side...I think that looks really good and colorful), but I screwed up on part of the build and accidentaly made it an "H", so I used those decals. They actually went on rather well. Took longer than usual to seperate from the backing, but other than that, they were just fine.

Thanks for the comments fellas.

Cheers

Matt

Edited by pavelow44
  • 2 months later...
congratulations...

i really like the reflections on the photo. brings out well feeling of the sea or water.

I agree,nice angles, focus too!!

That's another helo type I've been wanting to do,mainly the famous 'Ol 66 of HS-4 "Black Knights" the Apollo 10-12 recovery bird off USS Hornet (CVS-12) 66/NT with old Micro/Super Scale decals (someone else has done it too...?) that I'll need to coat with decal restorer!!

BTW the rotor cap,and the leading AND trailing edge of the sponsons were in Lt Blue.

I heard former Sea King crew members missed the head room vs. Sea Hawk.

Currently HS-4 flys the HS/HH-60F/H.

A cousin's Father-in-Law,had served on CVS-12 during the Apollo recovery missions,and he was enthralled when I loaned him my copy of Turner Publishing's USS Hornet book!!

I also bought earlier this year,the later Splashdown! -The Navy and NASA,all the space recovery missions in history from Mercury-Skylab.

My Aunt later bought him his own copy.

Terry

Edited by Tophat25