P-47 Interior Color

P-47D interior color (wheel wells, inside the cowl, etc) a bit confused. Detail in Scale saw Chromate Green (MM makes this color Zinc Cromate Green) but I have seen so many people use the Tamiya Yellow/Green, are both correct?

I believe the MM translation for that would be wheel wells and all other non-crew interior areas, use testors zinc chromate (small square bottles). cockpit was DDG I believe which would be close to MM Euro I Green.

I had an opportunity to shoot Neal Melton's "Hun Hunter XVI" two weekends ago. I've been in the cockpit of the "Hun Hunter" and it's a dark green closer to the Euro I green than it is zinc chromate. I'll try to get some shots of the cockpit posted this evening for your reference.

p571968670-4.jpg

In this month's Wingmasters mag, there is a 1/32 p-47 with its cockpit painted Interior green sprayed lightly with zinc chromate yellow. Looks pretty good to me.

It might look good but I don't think it is accurate. All depends on what you are going for, accuracy or personal taste.

Isn't the interior color dependent on the (sub)manufacturer? I remember to read that somewhere long ago, I don't have any further details.

Regards,

Sid

The Curtis built "G" may have had interior green cockpits. I have yet to see anything definitive showing the "G" cockpit color. Republic used a dark green (Dull Dark Green) for their cockpits through the "N" model production run.

HTH,

Dave