I love the 1st shot of 2nd post, but they are all great shots. What was the focal lengh on the lens? Were these taken at fleet week in SF? I arrived about 10min late and missed the raptor. :banana:

Back then I was shooting with a 70-200mm 5.6 at Mather AFB. I was saving up for my 100-400 and 70-200 2.8 :(

Fleet week shots will be posted tonight. I was surprized to see nobody else had any Raptor photos to add.

That's interesting, both the ailerons are pointing upwards, how does that work?

The F-22 doesn't have a traditional speedbrake so braking is done with the the normal control surfaces being deflected, the F/A-18E/F/G also accomplish braking the same way with the addition of small "spoilers" atop the LEXs ...

HTH

Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I know the Raptor is new, and has only just begun to get its front line units, but does anyone know if any are planned to be sent to Iraq or Afghanistan? Do we really have the kind of threat that needs neutralized by the Raptor over there?

JB

I had kind of suspected that. It has an attack role, but isn't it primarily air superiority? That being the case, I can't see where it would be all that necessary in Afghanistan or Iraq.

jb