Those are freakin awesome. That's from the Red Flag- Alaska that's happening right now I take it?

Thanks. Yes, they're from Red Flag Alaska. I've got a couple gazillion more if anyone's interested.

Jake

Now I'm confused. Since these are some of the best F-22 photos I have seen, they look decidedly "grey" without that metallic sheen that everyone is going nuts trying to duplicate. Is there an FS595 paint callout for this bird yet? Does anyone have any official paint numbers? Thanks.

Now I'm confused. Since these are some of the best F-22 photos I have seen, they look decidedly "grey" without that metallic sheen that everyone is going nuts trying to duplicate. Is there an FS595 paint callout for this bird yet? Does anyone have any official paint numbers? Thanks.

Actually, I'm seeing the sheen on many of the photos in this thread, even the shots Jake took in Alaska. The visibility and intensity of the metallic sheen depends on the lighting and the angle the aircraft is viewed at. Sometimes you'll see it, other times you won't. It even changes as you walk around the aircraft static on the ground.

The only FS call outs I've seen has this aircraft finished in the same colors as the Mod Eagle F-15, and some of the the early EMD aircraft (ie - 91-001, 91-006)were in these colors...

raptor1a.jpg

...but as you can see in this shot of an F-22 flying with a ModEagle schemed F-15C, you can see the differences in the operational Raptors.

F22F15_1FW-Bloker.jpg

Your best bet to finish your Raptor build is to follow the technique that MarkS came up with.

Edited by Trigger
  • 2 weeks later...

The polymer-based paint is supposed to have that weird Chameleon effect, albeit on monotone. I am interested in how Lockheed guarantee a certain RCS after x microns of crud on the lower airframe and y applications of paint for certain markings at a unit level - how do they do it?!?

This jet needs serious attention in 1/32 scale, complete with battery-powered, articulated weapons bays and muffin toaster attachment for the big augmented turbofans.

No McGuire demo this year, but there is one at Pittsburg if you want to drive across the state or there is the JSOH at Andrews the week after... I'm going to the JSOH since it's litterally right here outside the city.

Nice shots by the way, that's our mutual acquaintance's old tail if I'm not mistaken.