The Modern Hog Guide

This went to the printers earlier this week. Very similar in format to The Modern Viper Guide, but this book details the A-10 from Day 1 right up through the A-10A+ and the A-10C. Full pre-LASTE cockpits, as well as the early antenna configurations are covered, as are modern cockpits (including A-10C) and weapons (LITENING, Sniper, JDAM, WCMD, etc).

I personally think this is a better book than the F-16 book. I had help from a few guys in the Hog community, and they were absolutely amazing with the information they passed along, particularly with systems descriptions and airframe changes over the years.

The A-10 doesn't have the sex appeal of the Viper and Eagle, but it sure is a cool jet. I feel very fortunate to have been allowed such access to this jet, especially the A-10C.

Here are some sample pages. If things go as scheduled, this should get back from print in December. Retail will be the same $39.95 as The Modern Viper Guide. It is 120 pages and 8.5 x 11 in size.

Jake

coverimage.jpg

TMHG30-31.jpg

TMHG42-43.jpg

TMHG50-51.jpg

TMHG56-57.jpg

TMHG66-67.jpg

TMHG100-101.jpg

Count me in for a copy...I got the Viper Guide in the mail the other day and it is incredible. Funny thing is, I don't even like the Viper that much. The book just looked to good to pass up. I do, however, LOVE the Hog (that's what she said!)

Who says its not sexy? Just look at that gun! If you think size doesn't matter...well, you're probably only packing a Vulcan.

Better than your F-16 book? Now that's a strong statement! Jake, you're putting the Squadron walkarounds and D&S books to shame.

(I'll be awaiting your book on the Ryan L-17 Navion after you finish these so-called "popular" aircraft.) :worship:

I do, however, LOVE the Hog

Me, too! I can't believe there's nothing out there for modelers.

(I'll be awaiting your book on the Ryan L-17 Navion after you finish these so-called "popular" aircraft.) :worship:

That might be a bit of a long wait! Maybe I'll do the Navion right after I finish the C152.

Thanks, guys! I just love the A-10. This book was a lot of fun to do, and I learned a ton about the jet.

Jake

Hey Jake,

Does the book cover anything on the N/AW-10 variant? (More than what's found in the walk around here) It's hard to find ANY detailed information on this airframe (A-10B).

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Does the book cover anything on the N/AW-10 variant?

No, Scott, it does not. Since only the one airframe was built, and not ordered, I chose not to cover it.

Did you really mean to say (on your web site), " Coming Winter 2008!!!" as regards your A-10 book?
Wouldn't that technically be in only three months? Or would that be December 2008? I always get that confused. At any rate, the book should come back sometime in December, or early January at the latest.
P5020028.jpg

Very interesting! This is one the A-models I used for the cockpit photos for the book as it was at AMARC getting its new wings last April.

Thanks, everyone!

Jake