New Trumpeter Su-30 1/32

Wow!!

At first glance, they've got it right !!! :banana:

I must not give in to temptation.... I must not give in to.... I must not give in.... I must not... :D

Raptor22 - yes the PLAAF Su-30MKK does not have canards - but it does have big fins.

The Indian AF (and now the Malaysian AF) operate the Su-30MKI (and MKM) - that does have canards, but smaller fins.

It makes sense for Trumpeter to do the Chinese variant first....

Ken

Edited by Flankerman

HI

Understanding it is just a Q&D shot of a pre production kit, it appears that the surface detailing is more subdued and somewhat finer.

Still, I suspect it will be pushing $175.00 .. gack.

Still looking fwd to seeing a larger scale canard Flanker ..ala Su-33 ..

T

yes for us flanker freaks is better option kit with canards, but is that correct kit?? Flankerman comments please!!!

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r177/ma...n/917531a-1.jpg

Sorry Mario, I don't quite understand your post....

What do you want me to comment on ??

Is Trumpeter's kit a correct one ??

Or - what ??

Cheers

Ken

Sorry Mario, I don't quite understand your post....

What do you want me to comment on ??

Is Trumpeter's kit a correct one ??

Or - what ??

Cheers

Ken

yes Ken!! I

want your opinion about that new kit :D my poor english

Edited by mario krijan
yes Ken!! I

want your opinion about that new kit :D my poor english

Your English is very good - much better than my Croatian !!! :D

It is difficult to have an opinion about a new kit when all I have seen is a single photograph of some test shots... but here goes...

It looks like Trumpeter have at least got the shape correct - much better than the single seater, which was awful, shape-wise :doh:

The nose looks correct, the canopy is good and the intakes look to be correct - at least that's all I can tell from the photo.

As for the variant - you can only make a KnAAPO-designed Su-30MKK as operated by the Chinese - or a Su-30MK2 (or MKV) as operated by Venezuela, or an Indonesian Su-30MK - at least so far.

The other Su-30 operators - India & Malaysia - use the IAPO-designed variant with canards & TVC nozzles.

It is difficult to convert the MKK into an MKI or MKM - you would have to add canards, a new fin and TVC nozzles - but at least the offset IRST, IFR probe and twin-wheel nosegear are the same on both versions.

Let's wait and see what it is like when we get to see it released.....

Ken

Your English is very good - much better than my Croatian !!! :D

It is difficult to have an opinion about a new kit when all I have seen is a single photograph of some test shots... but here goes...

It looks like Trumpeter have at least got the shape correct - much better than the single seater, which was awful, shape-wise :doh:

The nose looks correct, the canopy is good and the intakes look to be correct - at least that's all I can tell from the photo.

As for the variant - you can only make a KnAAPO-designed Su-30MKK as operated by the Chinese - or a Su-30MK2 (or MKV) as operated by Venezuela, or an Indonesian Su-30MK - at least so far.

The other Su-30 operators - India & Malaysia - use the IAPO-designed variant with canards & TVC nozzles.

It is difficult to convert the MKK into an MKI or MKM - you would have to add canards, a new fin and TVC nozzles - but at least the offset IRST, IFR probe and twin-wheel nosegear are the same on both versions.

Let's wait and see what it is like when we get to see it released.....

Ken

Thanks Ken!! i think you will say that!! Yes we must wait, and have finger crossed to see MKI &MKMs, otherwise we can follow your great posts!!! :D

Ken

So I can't use this kit for the Russian #603 in the desert splinter camo paint ??

Jim

yes you can, but 603 have different vertical stabilizers (MKK have higher verticals in Su-35 style), 603 have one wheel on nose leg!!!

Hey Mario

I just found a pic of #603 on the web after I posted and those were the two things I found. Maybe I should cast my Su-27 nose gear and scratch build the tail tip extensions. Hummmm very interesting.

Thanks Mario!

Jim

Hey Mario

I just found a pic of #603 on the web after I posted and those were the two things I found. Maybe I should cast my Su-27 nose gear and scratch build the tail tip extensions. Hummmm very interesting.

Thanks Mario!

Jim

As Mario says, you'd need to use the single-seat noseleg and replace the fins.

If you're going to cast the leg, why not also cast the single-seat fin - after extending it at the base....

If you just cut back the MKK fin, the panel lines and rudder would be wrong.

The Su-30MKK fin looks like this..

fin_su-35.jpg

The single-seat fin looks like this....

fin_su-27prod.jpg

The Su-27UB (and Su-30MK bort 603) fin looks like this....

fin_su-27ub.jpg

As you can see the Su-27UB fin is the same as the single seater, but with a 425mm 'plug' at the base to increase the height.

You would also need to incorporate cockpit differences....

HTH....

Ken

Edited by Flankerman

Some additional information,guys.

The boxart will be a PLAAF scheme.(I have the pic but cannot find it somewhere in my hard disk)

And both UB and 30 will include two schemes each.

UB will be a RuAF and a Ukrainian AF(at least I recommended them the Ukrianian one,but they replied me that there's too little reference).

30 will be a PLAAF or another PLANF one?

:redx:

Yufei

Ken

Thanks for the info, but I think I would have to also add to the whole base of the tail plane after i added the plug since that will now boost the tail in height but leave a pretty big gap at the base thats not covered by the newly incerted plug. Now I'm not sure if I want to hassle with it.

Jim

Ken

Thanks for the info, but I think I would have to also add to the whole base of the tail plane after i added the plug since that will now boost the tail in height but leave a pretty big gap at the base thats not covered by the newly incerted plug. Now I'm not sure if I want to hassle with it.

Jim

Well, if what Haneto reports is correct and they are also doing a RusAF Su-27UB - then that should include a single nosewheel plus the -UB fins.

But.... a -UB would also need a different cockpit, windscreen (with central IRST) and no IFR probe :woot.gif:

Vairy eeeeeeenteresteeeeng...... :blink:

Ken

I'm anxiously awaiting that first royalty check! :blink:

Chris,

Although it looks like they've closed the door on any of your magnificent correction sets, there must be a great opportunity for you to do some conversion sets..... :banana:

Canards, fins, TVC nozzles, aerials etc for a Su-30MKI/MKM

Having then done the canards, include it with a new wing and noseleg to convert the single seat Su-27 into a naval Su-33 - (you'd have to include the nosecone, canopy and intakes as well).

Then...... use the Trumpeter Su-30MKK fins & noseleg, your canards (plus all the canopy & intake corrections) and a new tailboom and nosecone - and bingo!! you could make a Su-35 (old style).

There must be at least a spare 5-minutes in your busy day to get working on it....... :woot.gif:

Ken

Chris,

Although it looks like they've closed the door on any of your magnificent correction sets, there must be a great opportunity for you to do some conversion sets..... :banana:

Canards, fins, TVC nozzles, aerials etc for a Su-30MKI/MKM

Having then done the canards, include it with a new wing and noseleg to convert the single seat Su-27 into a naval Su-33 - (you'd have to include the nosecone, canopy and intakes as well).

Then...... use the Trumpeter Su-30MKK fins & noseleg, your canards (plus all the canopy & intake corrections) and a new tailboom and nosecone - and bingo!! you could make a Su-35 (old style).

There must be at least a spare 5-minutes in your busy day to get working on it....... :whistle:

Ken

O ya and while your at it Chris you can make one of those anit-ship missiles for the Seaflanker to carry on it's centerline. :blink: Seriously can you imagine a 32nd Scale Sea Flanker! WOW. I think I would be game since I screwed up my SOL 48th conversion. Come on Chris Do it, Do it , Do it. :woot.gif:

Jim

Edited by Hornet78