Re-release of XB-70 in 1/72!!!

Not really---with how insanely high the Trek releases were versus their previous MSRP, there won't be much difference. 3x original retail would be about 100 bucks...

(Of course, mine's for sale, but I did remove the largest 6 parts or so from the sprues--but I'll never build it so might as well try to get something for it)

PS---why oh why can't we get a nice new 1/144 or 1/200 kit of this?

Oh man, between all these new decals and models this hobby is going to break my back account :banana: and my family is going to break my balls :D after buying all these models.

I must not give in..........but.....but......it's calling my name........

Edited by Youngtiger1
Not really---with how insanely high the Trek releases were versus their previous MSRP, there won't be much difference. 3x original retail would be about 100 bucks...

(Of course, mine's for sale, but I did remove the largest 6 parts or so from the sprues--but I'll never build it so might as well try to get something for it)

PS---why oh why can't we get a nice new 1/144 or 1/200 kit of this?

Think they'll struggle to justify that - Heller re-released the KC-135 here for £23 which killed the 2nd hand market for KC-135s. Not that I can complain - I bought my XB-70 for £10 brand new (!!)

Realistically, it needs to be in the £25-£30 range ($50-$60) since all they're doing is releasing the original moulds...

P1010041-1.jpg

My VAC 1/48 XB-70.Paid $200 over 10 years ago.

Well the wing is joined to the fuselage.The engine,landing gear,bombay canoe is done.Landing gear is done.I just need to put it all together and detail it.I do need 6 engine exhausts-any suggestions?

Steve

Well the wing is joined to the fuselage.The engine,landing gear,bombay canoe is done.Landing gear is done.I just need to put it all together and detail it.I do need 6 engine exhausts-any suggestions?

Steve

Only one!

Two sets of Aires J-79...

sorry...more needed! :coolio:

3 sets!

Edited by mmaker
Two sets of Aires J-79...

sorry...more needed!

3 sets!

All Hasegawa 1/72nd Phantoms come with both the short F-4B etc. style and the longer F-4E etc. style J79 burner cans...

You could try in the marketplace segment of this site if someone can help you out (I've got no idea which version would be applicable to the XB-70, tho').

HTH,

Andre

Edited by Andre
How about asking Collect-Aire for a special order of six YJ-93 exhausts from the XF-108 kit? That's probably your closest bet.

I like that idea.I'll try that.Collect-aire I'm on the way.

Edited by Steve jahn