the harrier has been started slow and steady! the SJU-4 ejection seat is done with some belts added and ankle straps. and the instrument panel has most of the detail. i'll just have to go back after everything dries and touch up and add clear coat to the screens.

Cheers

Dan

aaaaa1.th.jpg

aaaafv9.th.jpg

79041461ua2.th.jpg

aavi3.th.jpg

Looking good. Gotta say, that was pretty damned fast...

you're kidding right? two days approx 6.5 hrs for those two parts? at that rate it will take me somewhere around

120 hours which is about a month and a half of everyday building! and the panel isn't done yet. i still must pick out some more details in color yet.

Dan

you're kidding right? two days approx 6.5 hrs for those two parts? at that rate it will take me somewhere around

120 hours which is about a month and a half of everyday building!

Well, I started my Harrier back at the beginning of this build and will just have it finished by the Nov, 10th deadline........ That's almost 6 months :blink:

Looks like your off to a great start there Dan. Nice detail work on the IP. I'm looking forward to watching you power this one out by the end of this GB build.

Now I'm off to spend a little quality time in the paint barn with my Harrier. Looks like we'll be finished about the same time. :cheers:

Semper Fi,

Mark

http://www.scalespot.com/

Hey Dan, check out that site. There is a workbench review on the kit, might help you out with some of the tight spots, and give you some hints about some of the gaps that come along as you build. Like the intakes.....

you know raz, i was perfectly content to do this kit OOB with minimal scratch building! now i see a wheel bay that can be scratch built! now i can't get that son-of-a- bleep out of my head!!!! :soapbox: so now i have to do some backsteps and see if i can make a bay to fit inside an already closed office, thank you so much for making my life just a little harder!!! :shoot:

Seriously nice link you sent me. lots of tips for me to enhance this bird!

Dan

That's why I'm glad that I was sent that link AFTER I had put the office on the fuse. I saw that wheel bay and my jaw dropped. I wanted to do that so bad, but I'm too far along already. I'm just filling seams and putting on photoetch, then she'll be ready for some coloring. I'm going all out too, I have the Crayola 128 color box! :D

thanks to Rasczak and me not being one to shy away from a challenge. i've decided to tackle the wheel bay situation. so everything else comes to a stop until this gets taken care of. this ensures that i will not get done in time! :wub:

so here's where i'm at so far. the basic idea of the front wheel bay! wiring and the last wall will go on after the styrene bits. i'm still not sure what i'm going to do with the doors. the kit parts(whats left ) look bad.

cccccpp2.th.jpg

66567549hl9.th.jpg

ccgy3.th.jpg

ccczb2.th.jpg

cccclv7.th.jpg

and here's my kids!!! aren't they cute. the little guy is already practicing to be a marine!!

:salute: Dan, if you want I have the resin doors from the Aires wheel bay set that I attempted to use if you want the doors let me know and I will dig them out of the move mess and ship them to you.

HTH

Stanton

yeah! that would be great! what can i do for you? do you build mitchells? cause i have some extra resin noses. a hose nose and cannon nose. let me know or perhaps something i may have in my resin box. i have a raft of extra parts.

Dan

well not alot in the way of progress. so far i've managed to open the wheel bays without much peripheral damage :wacko: that makes me happy(i hate filling and sanding mistakes). and i've assembled some smaller bits while i research the bays. hopefully they should be done in a few days. i'm running out of copper wire. hopefully i have enough. Once again thanks Raz(funking ***)!

ddjn2.th.jpg

86460108ty3.th.jpg

dddyy1.th.jpg

like i said slow and steady.

Dan

You must be slavin' away on that kit to not have posted anything for a few days.

you know it brother! :D the wheel bays are a pain and i'm stuck there 'cause the next step is to attach the office to the fuselage and then attach the LEX and wings to the fuse' problem is if i do that i can't get to the bays again.... the vetol exhausts are done as are all the other small bits except landing gear. i'm really focused on the bays.........it's all about the bays.

Dan

you know it brother! :coolio: the wheel bays are a pain and i'm stuck there 'cause the next step is to attach the office to the fuselage and then attach the LEX and wings to the fuse' problem is if i do that i can't get to the bays again.... the vetol exhausts are done as are all the other small bits except landing gear. i'm really focused on the bays.........it's all about the bays.

Dan

Hi Dan

Be quiet ! Enjoy a 15 year old pure malt and / or have a walk in the countryside and try again.

Patrick