Okay, it took a bit of searching, but here's the thread with the LANTIRNs. You'll need to go nearly to the bottom of the first page to see one on the plane:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....4032&hl=S-3

There's also a bunch of weapon information on the second page. No wonder the thread seemed familiar: I linked a bunch of the weapon information to it from aerospaceweb.org.

Edited by David Walker

From what I have heard, Navy One went to the Naval Aviation Museum in spring of '04. I was there in August of '04 just before Huricane Ivan went through. I was very surprised and glad to see it there. I shot about thirty pics of it. I wish I could get back dowm there to the museum, it is by far on of the best aviation museum around.

IMG008.jpg

IMG013.jpg

FH000022.jpg

Edited by viper50

I understand, many of the Vikings have not even reached the half way point of their airframes lifes.

VikingS-3B159742FORCEDirectoratePAX.jpg

S-3B 159742 Force Test Directorate NATC

159736.jpg

S-3B 159736 ASW Test Directorate NATC

VikingS-3B160592VX-1PAXRiver11-85.jpg

S-3B 160592 VX-1 NATC

These are older scans so they are a bit dodgie.

Edited by Sig Saur & Son
A couple more from the Viking Queen. B)

:cheers: Rcihard Cooper dubbed me the Viking King as, due to my proximity to Jax and my ties to the wing, I was his first "Go-to-Guy" for anything S-3.

Maybe the King and Queen can co-author a Viking Rollcall Book for Schiffer.

Sounds good to me Dave. What I can't provide in images, I can provide in info. Also let me know what Tomcat stuff I can provide for the new book. You stil have my number right?

Edited by Fuji

Fuji,

I need older F-14s, from the 70s and 80s.

I'm dead serious about the book. I have an image of all but about 19 of the Vikings. I should be able to source the missing Hoovers since they were not prone to fall from the sky like the early Tomcats were. Lets but it on the agenda for next year. I have to finish the Tomcat Book first.

Edited by Sig Saur & Son

This thread just gets better every day. The pics of the VS-41 Bicentennial S-3A are very cool. I have only seen maybe four or five pics of 160120 ever and very few of them in flight. I have had the AeroMaster decals for that one for a while now. Your pics have inspired me . Thanks for posting them. If this thread keeps up, I'm gonna need more Viking kits. Don M.