Photos of f18f 50th aaniversarey diamond back colour scheme

There's an excellent detailed build article on using the Hase 1/48 F/A-18F kit with the Diamond Backs decals in the July 2007 issue of Scale Aviation Modeller. There are even photos of this jet armed on deck... I would highly recommend that issue. Besides that there is a mini magazine inside with a detailed build of the Hasegawa 1/48 Av-8 Harrier. Both well worth the read and good reference material.

Best,

-Greg

Too bad they don't fly any F/A-18Es, that scheme would simply rock on an -E, along with royal maces and golden dragons, it would make a nice red, blue, and black, display set, no?

Too bad they don't fly any F/A-18Es, that scheme would simply rock on an -E, along with royal maces and golden dragons, it would make a nice red, blue, and black, display set, no?

Not sure why you'd need it on an E to do that, the way it is you still have the different colors on 3 different versions of the jet. The Dragons fly the C model, not the E.

Not sure why you'd need it on an E to do that, the way it is you still have the different colors on 3 different versions of the jet. The Dragons fly the C model, not the E.

I meant, so I could (hypothetically) have 3 F/A-18Es in red, black, and blue, and also have 2-3 F/A-18Cs in blue, black, and maybe red (I don't know if they did this scheme on the -C)

Could i use the Revell Blue Angels F-18 kit for this bird?

No this is a F/A-18F not a F/A-18A (or C) like what comes in the Revell kit.

If you want a cheap kit the Revell F/A-18F super hornet or rhino is the way to go, I see them on here and ebay for around 10-15 bucks

The most accurate kit would be the Hasegawa F/A-18F kit. It goes for about 55-60 bucks.

Two bobs makes the decals. Set 48-105 F/A-18F Rockin' Rhinos #4 VFA-102 50th Anniv. Jet and is about 8-11 bucks.

Good luck!

Note: S.J. "fish" Fisher is the XO here

Yet here is shows Cdr. S.J."Fish" Fisher as the C.O. What's up with that?

Promotion... the aircraft was painted up like this for a good amount of time ... I believe it carried the markings for about 8-10 months ...

Gregg

No this is a F/A-18F not a F/A-18A (or C) like what comes in the Revell kit.

If you want a cheap kit the Revell F/A-18F super hornet or rhino is the way to go, I see them on here and ebay for around 10-15 bucks

The most accurate kit would be the Hasegawa F/A-18F kit. It goes for about 55-60 bucks.

Two bobs makes the decals. Set 48-105 F/A-18F Rockin' Rhinos #4 VFA-102 50th Anniv. Jet and is about 8-11 bucks.

Good luck!

Hmmmm. Off to the LHS. Wifey WILL not be pleased :coolio:

name='Phil_Flory' date='Oct 25 2007, 01:59 PM' post='1197700']

Me too

Phil, i've already seen and commented on Erics beautiful build, but i have not seen this one of yours.What an outstanding model!!!

Excellent job on this one.I am currently building an F-18F that will be sporting these decals, and iff its half as good as yours, Erics, and Viperbites, i'll be happy.

Three superb renditions of this scheme here fellas. <_<

Cheers,

Jeff.

Edited by Gambler