Hi there, i've never entered a group build before. I do however have a Lindberg Fairey Flycatcher that's already underway.

--> Question is, is it too far along for it to be entered in the build???

This is where it's up to. The top wing isn't glued on in this pic, i'm just lining things up before painting, rigging, attaching hanging bits etc.

Does it pass for entry or not?

RIMG0234.jpg

Hi there, i've never entered a group build before. I do however have a Lindberg Fairey Flycatcher that's already underway.

--> Question is, is it too far along for it to be entered in the build???

This is where it's up to. The top wing isn't glued on in this pic, i'm just lining things up before painting, rigging, attaching hanging bits etc.

Does it pass for entry or not?

Given that the hard work is just about to start for you and the rules state no more than 25% complete at the start of the event I'd be happy to see you continue her as part of the GB Billb. I'm only one third of the team though so lets see what John and Jeremy say.

Although it wouldn't be eligibile for any raffle stuff (being a moderator) I broke out a 1/48 Hasegawa Phantom FG.1 last night. Gonna finish it up in 892sq. markings. The sad thing is the kit goes together so well that I already have the fuselage and most of the wings assembled!

Sign me up with a 1/48 Sea Fury FB 11 WJ232, from 802 sqdn. HMS Ocean, Korea 1952.

Flown by LT. Carmichael.

If time permits I'd like to do another build, I'm not sure what just yet though.

I'm looking forward to a fun build. :doh:

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by Rampage55

Gents:

They'e off. Two Seafire IIIs' started. An Airfix Spitfire VB converting to a Seafire FR III (using the Seventy Second Scale Modeller resin conversion) and an Octopus Seafire III. Boy, it's great to be retired.

alvin5182

IMG_0046_2.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

FAAGroupBuild-3.jpg

FAAGroupBuild-07.jpg

Rum :cheers:, sodomy :o , and the lash :coolio: ??? :huh:

Assuming I survive the "navy life", I'll be doing the Inpact 1/48 Flycatcher ... after that, we'll see ...

Flycatcher build thread is started ...

BTW, I see end date is 2 April - should it not be around 20 April ?

John

im in with:

Italeri tarpon(TBF 1)(just have the interior painted so it fits the 25% maximum completed)

Classic Airframes walrus(if it shows up in time-squadron)

Special Hobby barracuda(if it shows up in time-squadron)

Hobby craft seafire XV RCN (if it shows up in time-ebay)

Testors Banshee RCN(if it shows up in time-ebay)

all 1/48. i know. its quite a list and im horrible at not finishing kits. but i think i can pull this one off.

im also doing a canadian avenger that is pretty far along so i can't enter it in the GB, but it might interest a few people. here is the link to the thread-->

www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=115516&hl=martin_sam_2000&st=15

ill get a thread going as soon as i have the models in my hands.

sean

Given that the hard work is just about to start for you and the rules state no more than 25% complete at the start of the event I'd be happy to see you continue her as part of the GB Billb. I'm only one third of the team though so lets see what John and Jeremy say.

Thanks Col. & I'll take the other silence as assent :)

I'm hoping to do a bit of painting etc. this weekend & if I do will start a build thread.

Thanks again.

b

I will be in with my Hobbycraft Sea Harrier FRS.1

Does anybody have some leftover stencil decals for 1/48 in their stash (For the sea Harrier of course...)

Or do I have to fork out for a complete decal sheet?

I would also do a CA Gannet, if they were only out yet... Darn,

Cheers

H.

"Join the NAVY, see the world. I Joined the NAVY, what did I see?? I saw the SEA!" ;)

I would also do a CA Gannet, if they were only out yet... Darn,

CA's Gannet ASW has been out for over a month - I have one. See 2 build reviews over on (dare I say it) Hyperscale. There are some issues, especially in nose fit. I'm disappointed they didn't offer wing fold and/or a bomb bay ... I'm waiting on sone after-market ... I may just do my Dynavector vac-kit instead ...

John

I have a (started, but essentially only glued some pieces together) 1/72 Trumpeter Gannet that I need some motivation on, so this GB seemed like a perfect opportunity. To complete the set I also have the Sea Fury and Wyvern, but we'll see how the Gannet goes first!

Rum :cheers:, sodomy :o , and the lash ;) ??? :huh:

Assuming I survive the "navy life", I'll be doing the Inpact 1/48 Flycatcher ... after that, we'll see ...

Flycatcher build thread is started ...

BTW, I see end date is 2 April - should it not be around 20 April ?

John

Think of it more as 'glue, filler & decals' John ;)

As for the dates, we chose them to reflect the official founding of the Royal Navy and victory in the Falklands War, hence being slightly shy of the normal 6 month period. Dare say it also gives us a little leeway if anyone needs an extension...