Greetings folks

Seems like a band wagon that needs jumping on here :yahoo: . I had an Airfix sea mossie conversion but that was over 50% done, but I also have a Tamiya version so it gives me an excuse to bump that one up the list. So i'll wade in with a TR33 mossie (48th). Are we allowed civvies as well? I have a FRUDU hunter (revell 72nd) pining at me as well. I've thousands of others but also a day job so I won't bury myself too deep!

Cheers now

Bob

PS would a 1:700 seaking on the flight deck of the Blake be allowed????? ;)

Welcome aboard chaps :D

Bob - The Mossie sounds cracking, as does the FRADU Hunter and 1/700th Sea King, although the Blake herself isn't eligible.

Rocat - Everything I've read about the Airfix Seafire suggests it's one of their best kits, although more representative of the Mk.46 than the 47.

Looking forward to seeing all these being built over the coming months guys.

Also looking forward to seeing the Seafire build up. It's currently sitting in my stash & may just move up the list to try to fit inside the timeframe for this GB depending on how yours goes :woot.gif:

• 4 weeks later...

I think I'm in! I'll be trying my first Airfix kit with a 1/48 Seafire FR46. This is an old kit and the decals are worthless, so I've sourced some for it and will see how it goes together. I'll also be adding an Aires cockpit set since the kit pit is pretty weak.

I'll see if I can get it started in the new few weeks, but with an April completion date it won't be an issue.

Should be fun!

Can I still enter? Haven't been able to get much time on the forums lately...

I've got an Airfix 1/48 Sea Harrier FA.2 with Flightpath PE set and Pavla resin nozzles/intakes to do, and I may throw in a couple of other things if I feel like it. I've got some 1/48 FRS.1 Sea Harriers to do as well as a Sea Hawk and I'm tempted to have a go at a Wyvern...

Edited by Bobski
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I have a nice Project for the Fleet Air Arm Group Build :D ..........PP Aeroparts Fariy Firefly Mk.5 in 1/48 . It is a Multi-media Kit with Vacu, White Metal, Etch Parts and Resin. Its the only late Firefly Kit in 1:48 .I build a Korean War Version . Have a nice GB and happy modeling :)

greetings Michael (ex-KWGB 2006 :unsure: )

• 2 weeks later...

Hoi,

Well since i am currently working on a Hasegawa TBF-1C, i should just join in. It will be Po1B from the HMS Victorious in January 1945. I am using the Eduard TBM-3 PE along with the RAF/FAA seat belts. Adds a little life to a bland cockpit (and no i did not use the instrument panel from the TBM).

I'll try to post some picks in the regular part of this forum.

later

Ruud

Ahoy there,

I am new to this forum stuff in modelling despite being of 'that generation'! I love fleet air arm aircraft and am always going to be building something related. Been modelling since my dad got me into it when I was 8, I am 23 and now trying all sorts of techniques.

I started my christmas presents (FAA of course :cheers:) and thought this may be the place to put them. A couple were started last week so am i eleigible. Pictures to follow: -

Are the following aircraft OK to submit?

FAA Project christmas: -

1/72 CMR Supermarine Scimitar

1/72 Trumpeter Sea Fury Fb.11 Carmichael

1/48 Panda Models F-35 what if RN 899 sqn

I will post some images in the coming days in a progress log

Anthony

Welcome aboard Ruud.

A Hasegawa Avenger you say, that's the 72nd scale kit if I recall correctly? Always wondered how well that one went together.

Welcome aboard Anthony.

Always glad to meet another FAA enthusiast. I'm particularly keen to see your Scimitar, get fired in with some build threads as soon as you're able :pray:

Edited by Col.
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be the late starter.

Currently in one of the "Axis of Evil" countries so won't get started till the last month or so of the build. So fingers crossed a Tamiya Spitfire MkVb converted to a Seafire Mk III with an Airwaves wing fold kit.

Regards,

Heff

• 3 weeks later...
Any chance I can join in? I have managed to get hold of a Magna Models Supermarine Attacker, which I am itching to build. I have never built a resin kit before, so this is something of a first. I will endeavour to complete it on time if you'll have me aboard!

Welcome aboard Rafalbert! Now, get all hands on deck and lets see the Attacker take (ship)shape sharpish :D