Fantastic images all around. The autumn pics, the desert pics, the airshow pics, the depart back to base pics, the range pics.

Only saw a couple of A-10's static at Yeovilton this year so I made the most of it in getting close. They were prolly posted in the other forum but hey ho.

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0645-1.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0643-1.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

Oh man, that's some heavy weathering on the nose of that Hawg! The way the nose is banged up, it looks like Stevie Wonder was working the boom that day.

I'm building a Hawg, and rescribing the panel lines (but Heaven help me, I"m trying to keep the rivets.) Does anyone have good shots of the ailerons/speedbrakes? I'm trying to figure out what the deal is with those squiggly "panel" lines. Should they be rescribed or what?

Does anyone have good shots of the ailerons/speedbrakes? I'm trying to figure out what the deal is with those squiggly "panel" lines. Should they be rescribed or what?

I don't have anything handy that I can post, but in my A-10 book there are shots of the speedbrakes/ailerons taken from standing on the wings looking down, as well as from the bottom.

Jake

Thanks, Ken. Those aren't what I need, but great shots. I'm building my R-M A-10 as an A-10C, with the speedbrakes closed, and I was trying to figure out why the squiggly panel lines on the speedbrakes are much more prominent than the rest of the airframe.

Series of shots from a recent trip to the range. These were pulled out of the main image and are not quite top quality. However, they do demonstrate what happens to an APC when attacked by a Warthog's gun

Bollen-tank-hammered-1.jpg

Bollen-Range-Tank-Gets-Hamm.jpg

Bollen-Range--Tank-Gets-Ham.jpg

Bollen-tank-hammered-4.jpg

All in a couple of seconds.

And here's the culprit

Bollen-Range-A-10-10-31-07.jpg

Bollen-RangeA-10-10-31-07.jpg

Edited by Sig Saur & Son

Great pics, thanks alot! I grew up outside of Pope AFB NC and always had daily flights of Sharkmouth A-10s (and C-130s) overhead, not to mention enough times seeing them on gun runs in Ft Bragg and that strangest of noises the gun made.

Love the chipped, dented and dirty pictures. I always thought there was something almost Russian like about the A-10 with its austere avionics, boiler plate 'n rivet skin and all round sheer toughness.

I first saw them at when they replaced A-7s at Myrtle Beach AFB SC and I remember fishing there once and a man next to me pointed at a pier missing a segment near the end, commenting that it had been hit by an A-10 which was able to return to base. I believed it as a child but have only just remembered the tale, not quite believing the plane is THAT tough but can't say. Anyone ever hear of such an event?