If I may offer a bit of help...the upper surface of the wing paint demarcation line is the bottom edge of the wing root fairing. Check out my pics on the same subject.

Barney

SeafireXV017A.jpg

SeafireXV014A.jpg

Most of the models i have seen have the demarcation line here, but based off of the pics i have and the profiles in Patrick Martin's Painting Guide, it looks like theline should be straight when veiwed from above which means the line i sslightly above the wing fairiny..similar to how i have it( i do knwo mins is slightly to high but i didnt feel liek striping it and re-doing it) i think somewhere between your line and my line is more accurate.

sean

i painted the walkway on the left wing while i was painting the wheels. i 'm very impressed with how this turned out. I have started to put the decals on this one and after the decals are dried..its ahrd to tell the difference between them adn this painted walkway.

71.jpg

72.jpg

I should have some decal pics by the middle of the week.

sean

Sean: I have Patrick's book as well but in some cases, as in other books published by him, there are errors in the drawings. I used "Aircraft of the RCN" by Leo Pettipas as a refernce...and these are still available through Aviation World in Vancouver or Toronto.

I've scanned a couple of photos but please don't think that I'm flaming your model...just trying to help

Barney

SeafireXV021.jpg

SeafireXV020.jpg

Sean: I have Patrick's book as well but in some cases, as in other books published by him, there are errors in the drawings. I used "Aircraft of the RCN" by Leo Pettipas as a refernce...and these are still available through Aviation World in Vancouver or Toronto.

I've scanned a couple of photos but please don't think that I'm flaming your model...just trying to help

Barney

SeafireXV021.jpg

SeafireXV020.jpg

MEH...too late to do anything now. At least i knmow for next time.

sean

• 2 weeks later...

got some work done on this one. I waited a bit to post the pics as i have been going through all my pics and adding copyrights since they will all be posted on my website eventually.

first off i got the walkway painted on

71.jpg

72.jpg

i started to get the decals on next

73.jpg

74.jpg

76.jpg

77.jpg

I am VERY impressed with the belcher bits decals. easy to use and they take decal setting solution very well. 2 applciations and they settle right down and look like paint.

i then put on the blackwash

78.jpg

Edited by martin_sam_2000

after washing off the excess wash..i got this

79.jpg

80.jpg

81.jpg

one nice lookin, IMHO, seafire

a couple with the wings in place

83-1.jpg

85-1.jpg

then i started to add a bit of exhaust using the tamiya weathering masters

87-1.jpg

88-1.jpg

i think it looks good for the gun trails..but for the exhaust staining..i think i will spray a couple of layes of smoke over top ust to feather it out a bit.

comments or opinions??

sean

I have been focusing most of my time on this one and its almost finished. right now i just have to flat coat it, attach the canopy, and Paint/attach the prop blades. I'm planning to do a bit more detailing with the wingfolds but im going to wait till after its glued together to see what will look best.

the tail wheel was missin gin this kit, but i manged to find a spare ME-109 tail wheel that seemed to look the part, so i attahced it and added the wheel doors.

94.jpg

I ised a bit of Tamiya smoke to make the exhaust look a bit better. I think ont he next one im going to use a base of Tamyia wether masters rust over sprayed with the smoke. here is waht it looks like:

93.jpg

92.jpg

with the machine gun covers painted, tail wheel and exhasut stains...this one is REALLY starting to look like a seafire.

91.jpg

90.jpg

ANy comments(especially the exhaust stains) are greatly appreciated. hopefull i should have this one done by next week.

sean

Sean: I've tried to scan a photo of your 1:1 scale Seafire with a bit of its history. Go light on the weathering and exhaust as these aircraft were kept VERY clen.

Barney

SeafireXV022B.jpg

Thanks Barney, but i have both that copy ant the airforce 47-68 copy(i'm saving my pennies for the 68-06)

I know that the weathering was a little on the lighter side...but im a fan of dirty aircraft and figure a tour on a carrier would leave some pretty good exhaust stain.

sean