Awesome pics!!

I didnt want to start another thread since this thread is all about F-15's. Was curious if anyone has any shots of the forward avionics compartments, and the radar area, of the F-15C?

Ive found about 3 or 4 semi decent shots on the net, and thats about it. Didnt think it would be so difficult to find pictures like that.

The real 85-0114 is currently flying with the 44FS 18FW at Kadena according to Scramble. Guess Baughter wasn`t right ;)

Serial Code Type CN Unit Status First Last Comment PreviousID

85-0114 ZZ F-15C-40-MC 969/C356 44th FS act aug07

Many thanks for the info and sorry for the delay. (I just got back from a short TDY.) Next trip to S.A. I'll have to make a closer inspection and get the real tail number for everyone. If anyone is close to Lackland maybe they can check it out. As I understand it, if the tail is repainted, the USAF museum requires the real tail number be painted somewhere on the aircraft.

Again, I appreciate the info!

Mark

I'll have to make a closer inspection and get the real tail number for everyone. If anyone is close to Lackland maybe they can check it out.

Mark, I believe it should be F-15A 71-0280, which was the first F-15A.

Jake

I really like the red tail bands on the MA ANG F-15s as it really adds some visual interest, but of course I keep thinking I should be looking at an A-10.

it does a look odd after so many years of A-10s with them

Great shots Ken! :thumbsup:

thanks Randy

Super shots! Thanks for the update. Tailband is certainly eye catching.

Cheers,

Dave

thanks Dave

Hey, at least they are back in the business of flying fighters. Something they have not been equipped with since, when, 1980? Could be worse, they could have gotten trash haulers.

Cheers,

Dave

52-883F-100DMAANG30Oct1977Paul.jpg

F-100D MA ANG 30 October 1977, Photographer - Lionel N. Paul.

Hey, at least they are back in the business of flying fighters. Something they have not been equipped with since, when, 1980? Could be worse, they could have gotten trash haulers.

Cheers,

Dave

F-100D MA ANG 30 October 1977, Photographer - Lionel N. Paul.

true Dave - unfortunately the F-100 was well before my time of getting back into aviation