nice additions Bill

Here's a couple I shot at Westover AFB in 1996, IIRC.

Jon, I think that was the time frame...I was there too :P

f-15B_77161_ET%20copy.jpg

Aloha Gents,

Here are a few HIANG Eagles... Haven't refueled them for a bit now, hope to see them in the air again soon!!!

Ahui hou :cheers:

Mark

awesome shots Mark!

Gotta love them Hawaiian Eagles! :banana: Very nice pics!

Are there decals in 72nd scale for these?

Superscale made them in 48th and 72nd (I think, I may have them), but they weren't carrying the "HH" code then

Ken,

That's the bird! I have a few more shots of it somewhere, they just haven't gotten to the scanner yet. I'm realizing now that that is a B model, not a D. Have you got any shots of the OT bird that was there that day too? I have these three, but the quality isn't the best. To be honest, I'm more interested in the H-53 behind it, of which I didn't take ANY pics... :banana:

OperationalTestC003.jpg

OperationalTestC002.jpg

OperationalTestC001.jpg

Jon

Edited by Cobrahistorian
Are there decals in 72nd scale for these?

Aloha & Melikalikimaka <_<

None of our current scheme available in any scale sadly... There are a couple of older sheets out there in 72nd & 48th, one sheet covers the first scheme our birds wore (Compass Ghost, Hi-Viz fin Tapa pattern & no HH), the other the scheme from 91 to 95 roughly (Mod. Eagle, all Low-Viz like Kadena, no HH). Would be nice to see a current set of markings!

Thanks again guys, always appreciate the kind words!!! :deadhorse1:

Ahui hou,

Mark

Edited by Buck
Ken,

That's the bird! I have a few more shots of it somewhere, they just haven't gotten to the scanner yet. I'm realizing now that that is a B model, not a D. Have you got any shots of the OT bird that was there that day too? I have these three, but the quality isn't the best. To be honest, I'm more interested in the H-53 behind it, of which I didn't take ANY pics... :explode:

Jon

Jon

Here it is....I may have taken some pics of the H-53, need to go through my photo album....those were the days of airshow variety for sure

f15c_84011_OT%20copy.jpg

Aloha & Melikalikimaka :shoot:

None of our current scheme available in any scale sadly... There are a couple of older sheets out there in 72nd & 48th, one sheet covers the first scheme our birds wore (Compass Ghost, Hi-Viz fin Tapa pattern & no HH), the other the scheme from 91 to 95 roughly (Mod. Eagle, all Low-Viz like Kadena, no HH). Would be nice to see a current set of markings!

Thanks again guys, always appreciate the kind words!!! :explode:

Ahui hou,

Mark

Mark,

Are there any wing or squadron billboard F-15s there?

thanks

Mark,

Are there any wing or squadron billboard F-15s there?

thanks

Aloha Ken,

Not yet sadly. There's been talk of painting one bird in Hi-viz markings again but tough to say when that'll happen, if at all. I'd sure like to see something along those lines... Keeping my fingers crossed on this one :blink:

Ahui hou & Happy Holidays! :worship:

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

A while ago someone wanted 57th FIS pictures... Here are a few scans of pics I took in 1995 (I think!) at a Change-of-Command ceremony in my hangar.

ISF15CA.jpg

ISF15CB.jpg

ISF15CC.jpg

... and a couple more shots of a couple Langley birds (after the 57th decommed) from the runway and in a HAS on a typical balmy Kef day!

FFF15CB.jpg

NIKF15B.jpg

A while ago someone wanted 57th FIS pictures... Here are a few scans of pics I took in 1995 (I think!) at a Change-of-Command ceremony in my hangar.

ISF15CA.jpg

ISF15CB.jpg

ISF15CC.jpg

... and a couple more shots of a couple Langley birds (after the 57th decommed) from the runway and in a HAS on a typical balmy Kef day!

FFF15CB.jpg

NIKF15B.jpg

wow are those first couple F-15E's or B/D's with FAST packs? definitely not f-15e paint

wow are those first couple F-15E's or B/D's with FAST packs? definitely not f-15e paint

C model. The 57 FIS flew with CFT's (not FAST packs) as a matter of course, due to the distance to their nearest divert base.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph
short q : anyone have some good pics from inside wheel wells (main and front) of a F-15C or D ??? (not the gears itselfs, have enough).

kind regards, Hans

The only wheel well photos I know of online are here, and they are F-15E wheel wells.

Regards,

Murph

hi F-15CrewChief,

thank you so much, great pics. exactly what i'm looking for ! bummer you don't have some of the mlg's.

hi murph, thanks for answering. this site i saw yesterday. ok, it's an 'E'. but : wheel wells of the e's are different from the c/d's ?

Hans

The aft wells are basically the same. The biggest difference will be strut size. You can use an "E" wheel well photo as a reference for a "C/D". It will work just fine.

What's the difference between the C/D and E for the nose gear well?

Great pictures.

Jake