Always love to see the 5th FIS. I still miss those guys, and the people I worked with.

Taken at Kadena when the 44th TFS had put a aircraft on display for a group of kids from an on-base school.

scan0066.jpg

scan0065.jpg

scan0064.jpg

scan0059.jpg

Took this today during an ERO at Randolph AFB, TX. F-15E Strike Eagle Demo Team.

http://www.seymourjohnson.af.mil/demoteam/index.asp

I imagine they were there for the air show last weekend and have no clue what they were still doing there. Just a quick shot with a Kodak digital (through a C-130 cockpit window in between checklists) but it didn't turn out too bad! Enjoy!

000_0002-1.jpg

The strake on the speed brake is a stiffener and was used on very early block F-15's, fiscal year 1973 models. It has nothing to do with looks. I think someone didn't know what they were talking about when they gave the story about them being added on.

I know what you mean. I had an intel guy in S.E.A. that had people tracking some suspects that spoke with a dialect not used in our part of the country and had a pack train of animals carrying boxes that they suspected carried weapons. They lost them somehow.

NO SH-T! I was standing on the ramp at Andrews during an air show in the 80's when the B-29 FiFi made a break over the field for landing. Some guy behind me said, "I didn't know we still had them in the air force." I turned around to discover the words were uttered by a full bird colonel.

Now back to the Eagles.

F-15D81-006157thFWW-1.jpg

Demo team at the Commemorative Air Force Show, Midland Texas, October 2007.

Ish

Cool! I left before the demo on Saturday. Had to be content with a couple of shots through the fence Friday afternoon. Your shots are better than mine.

F-15E89-04854thFWMidlandSep071.jpg

F-15E89-04854thFWMidlandSep072.jpg

I may have gotten closer to the aircraft by bumming a ride from one of the show organizers, but your pics definatly have better resolution than mine. My birthday present to myself in 2008 will be a mid-range (in terms od price) DSLR camera. Now to research all about them while working in the desert for the next 6 months...

Ish

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...