speaking of Barnes, here are the 2 jets that went out the evening of July 4th for flyovers over Springfield and Boston, Massachusetts

Superb shots Ken (both these and your others too).

Cheers,

Motty.

Beautiful shots, Gary ...

There always seems to be a diminutive WSO in at least one of the LN Strike Eagles ... :coolio:

-Gregg

Thanks guys. I'll see what I can do for next week - weather permitting. I noticed that with the WSO again, it's not the first time either. If it's always the same one, he/she must get a lot of hours!

Gary

• 3 weeks later...

Gents,

Another batch from this evening, taken over the fence from a ladder this time rather than through it (but back a bit as the security guys tend to get upset if you put a ladder beside the fence!) as the last wave of the day came back and just caught the only sunlight of the day. All 494th E models including the OC's aircraft. No 493rd FS C's as the majority are at Nellis for Red Flag.

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

Looks like when the 493rd come back from Nellis they're gonna find a jet short of a rudder!

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

Gary

Edited by gary1701
  • 2 weeks later...

Gents,

Similar routine again from last night, with a slight twist though. Lakenheath is on 'nights' for a couple of weeks so had ago at some dusk departures. I'm usually a fair weather photographer so this was a leap into the dark in more ways than one.

Arrival while there was still a little light about.

IMG_9797-1.jpg

After sunset departures, about four/five sharp frames from the 100 plus shot at 1/80 of a second.

IMG_9910.jpg

7784139344_775bb50866_o.jpg

IMG_9894.jpg

IMG_9873-1.jpg

IMG_9868.jpg

I do wish that one day they would actually finish working on the taxiways!

Gary

Edited by gary1701

These LN shots are awsome, Hard to beleive that was my first base and I only have 1 year left before my 20 is up. Looking at some of those tail numbers I remenber working a few of those and they were the first jets I ever touched. WOW! Thanks for sharing.

Hi, Glad to hear that.It's always nice when some pics bring back some memories like that. Those Fiscal Year 91 jets are from the 48th's inital complement, the later jets arrived and replaced the FY 90 jets with the 48th. I was at the American themed day at the Duxford Museum here in the UK yesterday and was speaking to some of the 494th FS Eagle drivers on their stand and one of the guys was in the front seat of one those jets on Tuesday evening. They're on nights next week so hopefully will have another go.

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Gents,

A couple from today. Taken earlier in the day than the last few posts, so are from the other side of the field. Very suprised to see the C models from the 493rd FS out in numbers today (yesterday was a bank holiday in the UK), as having only returned last week from a couple of months in the US, including Red Flag, I expected them to take some time off. Most caught the building cloud, but here's a couple.

Had to look at the pic a couple of times when I saw the AIM-9M round on the jet below as the 493rd has been operating with the AIM-9X for years. I wonder why?

86154lakanet.jpg

Usual configuration.

86176lakanet.jpg

One from the 494th FS. Lots of activity but too much cloud.

92364lakanet.jpg

Gary

I'd like to give sincere thanks to Post #1435-1437, that is the subject of my next project :)

Thanks for the photo references!

Jerry

Jerry,

Just had another look at the posts you mentioned.

Oh WOW!. :jaw-dropping:

Well that is just a very handsome choice. I hope you start or have a Build/WIP THREAD here so I can follow your build. :thumbsup:

a few more random Eagles...

159th FW Louisana ANG departing before sunset from Barnes ANGB back on April 5, 2012. I never processed this one until the other day

F-15C_820037_KBAF_5April2012_KenMiddleton_4x6_web_DSC_0640.jpg

Some recent 104th FW shots, "Screech's" fini-flight, he was the former West Coast F-15C demo pilot from around 2000

this was upon the 4-ship's return after their hour long mission

F-15C_860168_KBAF_7September2012_KenMiddleton_4x6_web_DSC_5282.jpg

a few take offs prior

F-15C_850113_KBAF_7September2012_KenMiddleton_4x6_web_DSC_5127.jpg

F-15C_840028_KBAF_7September2012_KenMiddleton_4x6_web_DSC_5169.jpg

F-15D_850133_KBAF_7September2012_KenMiddleton_4x6_web_DSC_5188.jpg

thanks for looking

cheers

Ken

Question. Rumours has it the Germans with their Typhoons did very well at the recent Red Flag exercises. How did the F-15C fare? One wonders if they can still hold their own even against the newer generation of fighters? I know the old bird still has talons and can cut you badly even now

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...