Woohoo - my first GB entry completed :pray: . Italeri 1/48 Seahawk 816 SQN Royal Australian Navy.

Hawkeye Models Resin & Etch conversion.

Aussie Decals.

Eduard Seahawk Zoom etch & MV Lenses. Lots of detail added from wire etc. Wire antennae on tail boom is from Ezy Line elastic. FOD Covers from styrene sheet and rod. I hope you like it. Comments welcome.

2007_1027Seahawk20029.jpg

2007_1027Seahawk20014.jpg

2007_1027Seahawk20006.jpg

2007_1027Seahawk20011.jpg

2007_1027Seahawk20019.jpg

2007_1027Seahawk20003.jpg

2007_1027Seahawk0005.jpg

2007_1027Seahawk20008.jpg

2007_1027Seahawk20022a.jpg

2007_1027Seahawk20021.jpg

Andrew P :pray:

great build and I love the very subtle weathering. Just one question, although it's nothing to do with the build, does the cabin door always remain in the open position as I noticed it had a piece cut out to fit over the ??FLIR or what ever that thing is?

Thanks for sharing.

Rich

great build and I love the very subtle weathering. Just one question, although it's nothing to do with the build, does the cabin door always remain in the open position as I noticed it had a piece cut out to fit over the ??FLIR or what ever that thing is?

Thanks for sharing.

Rich

Thanks Rich for the comments

The main cabin door has a collapsible section that allows the open door to straddle the pylon. When the door is closed the collapsible section returns to its proper position and fills the hole. At least that's how I understand it.

G'dat Andrew,

Bloody nice build!!

Where did you source the MV lenses in Oz and what sizes did you use?

cheers,

Pappy

Hey Pappy

I get my MV Lenses from Sprue Bros in the US - great service and good range in stock. I've never had a lot of luck finding anyone in Oz that keeps a good range. I have got some from Casula Hobbies in Sydney before.

I used

LS17 3.3mm for the L/R nose Searchlights

L116 2.9mm for the nose centre landing light

LS25 2.0mm for the light amidships near the cargo hook and RAST

I didn't use any for the beacons on this one - they are painted.

Glad you liked it - this one took more patience than I usually have. :blink:

Thanks to all the others for their kind words as well. :taunt:

Andrew

• 1 month later...
Im jealous, very nicely done, but I would like to know how you did the cabin window, and have a blank panel on the other side.

Your helo looks like the MH-60R.

Stanton

Thanks Stanton, but I'm not quite sure of your question? All the clear parts are from the kit, although some like the front windows are modified. If you mean how did I remove the Sonabuoy lanch panel then I cut it out with a scriber and filled in the hole with plastic card.

I don't think I have answered your question ?? can you be more specific.

I clearly missed this when you first posted it, but that has to be one of the nicest helicopter models I've ever seen. The paint and details alone make it stand out but as an overall build it's just exceptional.

Edited by David Walker
I clearly missed this when you first posted it, but that has to be one of the nicest helicopter models I've ever seen. The paint and details alone make it stand out but as an overall build it's just exceptional.

Well thanks David. :D

I got a lot of satisfaction out of this build, but I won't be doing another one of those anytime soon :) .

Thanks again David and others for the positive comments.