• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fuji, you seem to be the resident Sundowner expert. I was wondering if you had any pics or info of this bird.

Sundowner111.jpg

I'd like to know the names on the canopy and the build number, if possible. I'm pretty sure the Twobobs sheet should cover all the minor detail stuff.

Thanks,

-Chris

Fuji, you seem to be the resident Sundowner expert. I was wondering if you had any pics or info of this bird.

Sundowner111.jpg

I'd like to know the names on the canopy and the build number, if possible. I'm pretty sure the Twobobs sheet should cover all the minor detail stuff.

Thanks,

-Chris

That jet is the one I want to build as well. I gave Bob all the references he needed so lets see if he does another Sundowners sheet. Note that the 1s are diferent than on the sheet, they had them changed shortly after. With that, here's what I think you need.

761576-1.jpg

761576-2.jpg

Cooter is from my home town of Knoxville, TN!

761576-3.jpg

Edited by Fuji
That jet is the one I want to build as well. I gave Bob all the references he needed so lets see if he does another Sundowners sheet. Note that the 1s are diferent than on the sheet, they had them changed shortly after. With that, here's what I think you need.

761576-1.jpg

761576-2.jpg

Cooter is from my home town of Knoxville, TN!

761576-3.jpg

The FS numbers for this bird are :

35237 , 35164 and 35109.

These F.S numbers I got from VFC-111's paintshop .

HTH Henk "Omar"

35237 , 35164 and 35109.

HTH Henk "Omar"

Thanks for that Henk.

BTW people - Henk here is the true resident SunDowners expert. He knows more about the history of this squadron than anyone except maybe Barrett Tillman.

Going back to the jet, note that its carrying the 150 gallon tank. Right now the best source for these tanks is the WolfPack Designs set. It has the blunt ended tanks, as opposed the the pointed tank shown here, but VFC-111 has pleanty of both in their possession. I am not sure if the SUNDOWNERS decal in the TwoBobs sheet is sized for the 150 gallon tank or the 275 gallon tank in the Revell-Monogram kit itself

VFC11tanks.jpg

The set also has the shark nose, the enlarged leading edge parts and the Chaff & Flare dispenser needed to accurately portray these former Swiss jets. Note that while the jets still carry the Chaff & Flare dispensers, they are not being used at this time. That may change soon. I'll take the IFR probe and v-stab parts if you wont be using them. :woot.gif:

Edited by Fuji

Thanks a lot Fuji. You too Omar. :salute:

I'm basicly going to build the Revell kit out of the box. Mostly because I like the way the looks with the bullet nose and short LEX's, but also because I'm cheap. :nanner:

If I get my camera back this weekend, I'll post some in-progress pics.

Edited by Cool Hand
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, the Tigers are often very small, just a 300 objective (on EOS400D), but the scenery was nice...

Sion Airport (Suiss),24.06.2008

J-3097

img0574pr3.jpg

J-3057 and J3093 in the background

img0657ue7.jpg

Patrouille Suiss J-3090 (nose) and J-3073 with Patrouille Suiss weapons and belly tank

img0744yc0.jpg

Patrouille Suiss J-3090 on short final

img0781bp2.jpg

J-3073 on short final

img0803kopiemv6.jpg

Ps: The Rockies are nicer

Edited by Medevac71

35237 , 35164 and 35109.

HTH Henk "Omar"

Actually... 35109 should be 35190. 109 is the dark blue, 109 is the lighter blue that NSAWC/VFC-13 have been using since the late 90s.

Here's one of my favorite F-5E's back when NSAWC first got the F-16A

F5_F16washrack.jpg

-brian

Edited by Brian P: Fightertown Decals