2g.jpg

3g.jpg

4g.jpg

5g.jpg

6g.jpg

7g.jpg

8g.jpg

10g.jpg

This birds are very upgraded , they have new radar,MDF, HUD, RWR, chaff/flare dispenser, python and derby missile, integrated DASH helmet for the pilot, refuelling probe..., they are the most modern F-5E in service today.

*** All pics are public and can be found in the official Chilean Air Force website : www.fach.cl

Edited by Python

Here is a couple from a loooooong time ago.

img101.jpg

img100.jpg

And here is the Model I did of it, 1986 I think...

Copyof_MG_5989.jpg

One of my favorite F-5E schemes...

Happy 4th of July!

Larry McCarley

4_850615_L600.jpg

An F-5 with twin tails? I thought I had seen all the versions of the F-5. New, or did I just miss it?. Cool scheme by the way. Don M.

Edited by viper50

We really need this conversion set in 1/32 to go with the Hasegawa kit. And since I'm dreaming, a conversion for a 1/32 F-20. Yeah, right. Mayb we can talk Zactoman into starting a couple new projects. Don M.

Edited by viper50
  • 1 month later...
I think F-5s will endure for ever. Nice shots.

lol not as good as yours. an avid fan of your skills on photo esp on the Tomcat section. just got a new cam and shot these today

Edited by who

Here's one from my arhives. I did not take this shot nor do I know who did. Unfortunately, there is no name on the slide mount. The date on the slide mount is 09-74. Does anyone know the full serial, I think it is 73-0870. How about the unit?

F-5E73-08709-74.jpg

Edited by Sig Saur & Son
Those Singaporean Tigers look great! :cop: Thanks for sharing!

Is it normal their nose sits so high? Or is because they're accelerating?

yes they were starting their scramble after a pair of F16 , my cam shutter wasnt fast enuff and I only caught them after brake off

Edited by who

The nose gear oleo is 2-positional, so it's really depends on the warload, rwy length & pilot's discretion as to which position is used.

Sig Saur, I'd guess that your mystery Tiger was a part of the MAP training unit at Williams AFB in Arizona. They were the only F-5 unit in the USAF that wore the TAC badge & full tail codes.

Ves :)

Here's one from my arhives. I did not take this shot nor do I know who did. Unfortunately, there is no name on the slide mount. The date on the slide mount is 09-74. Does anyone know the full serial, I think it is 73-0870. How about the unit?

Dave

425TFTS/58TFTW

F-5E 73-0870

In also crashed in the 70's

exact date escapes my quick search

bill

Those Singaporean Tigers look great! :cheers: Thanks for sharing!

There's a switch in the cockpit(left side console if my memory's still good) that allow F5s to hydraulically 'hike' their nose strut by 11 inches. Shortens the take off run especially if you're loaded for bear. Hence one of the reasons a MER for the F5 has only 5 stations.

Incidentally 830 was my first full AUP bird and also worked on 872 before.

Cheers