• 9 months later...
It looks like a Consolidated PT-3, a fore-runner of the Kinner powered Fleet trainers. Unlike the Fleets, the PT-3 had 4 ailerons.

I think he is correct in that it looks like a PT-3.

Top wing is a little funky.

Rick

I believe it's a Myers OTW, built between 1936 and the start of WW2. Only about 100 were produced. This restoration's upper wing is a smidge different with no aelerons, and the fuel tank appears to have been moved.

otw1a.jpg

Cheers

Mike

Edited by Skyking
I believe it's a Myers OTW, built between 1936 and the start of WW2. Only about 100 were produced. This restoration's upper wing is a smidge different with no aelerons, and the fuel tank appears to have been moved.

otw1a.jpg

Cheers

Mike

Umm Mike OTW=round/eliptical fuselage+noncounterballanced rudder. Photo plane=flat sided fuselage and heavily counterbalanced rudder. I think you missed.

T

Umm Mike OTW=round/eliptical fuselage+noncounterballanced rudder. Photo plane=flat sided fuselage and heavily counterbalanced rudder. I think you missed.

T

Hi Tom,

:P I never noticed the rudder. I was focused on the fuselage shape, aux struts form the lower wing and landing gear, cabanes and overall shape. Also now that I look closer, the cockpit openings on the original are not as deep. It's official. I'm an idiot..lol.

I still don't think it's a PT-3 though.

Cheers

Mike

Edited by Skyking

That center section of the upper wing SCREAMS DeHavilland to me...but I can't find any plane that resembles this.

EDIT: could this be a modified travel air??? it resembles pictures of a few models of travel air I can find on the interenet. a one off travel air for a barnstormer???

Sean

Edited by martin_sam_2000
That center section of the upper wing SCREAMS DeHavilland to me...but I can't find any plane that resembles this.

EDIT: could this be a modified travel air??? it resembles pictures of a few models of travel air I can find on the interenet. a one off travel air for a barnstormer???

Sean

I thought the same as Sean about the top wing.

Maybe a movie prop of many differant plane parts.