Outside a Royal Canadian Legion near Barrie, Ontario:

redknight3.jpg

redknight2.jpg

redknight1jpg.jpg

And a wee detail shot of the one at the Canadian Air and Space Museum, a very short knife used to smash the canopy in an emergency. It's attached to the port window ledge:

T33knife.jpg

And the man who flew it in 1964, Mr. Bill Slaughter. I work with his daughter. I presented this Academy 1/48 dressed up as the Red Knight to Bill in early 2009. A true gentleman, he is.

TheRedKnight.jpg

• 1 month later...

Given the recent release of the CM 1/32 scale T-33 I thought I'd add a few shots of the T-Bird on display at Dyess AFB, and bump up this thread. Lot's of ideas for markings here! I can get close-ups/walk-around shots if anyone needs them, but ask quickly -- I'm leaving for the desert in about a month. Oh, and wait two weeks as I am TDY right now as well!

Mark

I'm not saying these markings are 100% accurate, or complete, but for an old display, they're not bad!

IMG_4872.jpg

IMG_4885.jpg

IMG_4870.jpg

A close-up of the wing tank decals. Note that they hand painted the 84th FIS markings.

IMG_4871.jpg

Here's my meagre contribution. Taken at Elmendorf AFB on a glorious spring day in May 1985. 5021st Tactical Operations Squadron, 21st TFW. They don't get any prettier than this!

J

T-33A5021st.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Gents:

A picture found on another website (uncredited) of a Canadian T-Bird taken in 1997 in Germany showing wrap around camo and "F-5" type windscreen. Supposedly this was installed on a/c during last maintenance prior to disposal. Comments or info? It definitey looks CF-5 like! No forward framing!

T-BirdGermany1997-CF-5Windscreen.jpg

Alvin5182

To explain the frameless windscreen, a number of CAF CT-133 went through a late-life update program. Not positive of all the mods, but I know they included a instrumentation/cockpit update as well as the frameless-windsreen.... then we retired them (figures).

Scott

• 3 weeks later...
T33cockpit.jpg

Great shot of the upgraded cockpit. To a true T-33 pilot, this new instrumentation looks like cheating! Half the 'fun' of flying this old beast was using the black bowling ball attitude indicator that precessed (drifted off centre) in turns, and was impossible to interpret quickly in extreme attitudes.

ALF

Here are some of my own pics. This one is from Shearwater (near Halifax) circa 1979 - I was flying in the back seat of another one from VU-33.

P1080585.jpg

This is the T-33 parked outside as part of the Bagotville Air Defence Museum collection. 439 Squadron Bagotville, tail number 133333.

P1080418.jpg

P1080417.jpg

P1080416.jpg

P1080415.jpg

P1080414.jpg

P1080413.jpg

P1080411.jpg

P1080410.jpg

Again from the Bagotville Air Defence Museum. This is a T-33 seat that is installed in a bogus wooden cockpit - it is not a T-bird cockpit, but the seat is real.

P1080368.jpg

P1080370.jpg

P1080371.jpg

P1080372.jpg

P1080373.jpg

P1080374.jpg

P1080375.jpg

P1080376.jpg

• 3 weeks later...