• 7 months later...

Okay gang, I've got a really, really obscure question for you. What does this stencil say? It's on Air National Guard F-100Ds and Fs that have been fitted with the reinforcement bandaid just above the stencil:

F-100Dfuselagereinforcingplate.jpg

I don't know where I found this photo, so I can't contact the owner for a higher-res scan. It's of an Arkansas ANG jet and the photographer is "[somebody] Bell and John Boy." The top part of the stencil looks like "??? modified hoist" and the lower part says "assembly" and the serial number for the hoist assy., which I have. Anyone have a good shot of this area on an ANG jet?

Thanks!

Ben

Okay gang, I've got a really, really obscure question for you. What does this stencil say? It's on Air National Guard F-100Ds and Fs that have been fitted with the reinforcement bandaid just above the stencil:

F-100Dfuselagereinforcingplate.jpg

I don't know where I found this photo, so I can't contact the owner for a higher-res scan. It's of an Arkansas ANG jet and the photographer is "[somebody] Bell and John Boy." The top part of the stencil looks like "??? modified hoist" and the lower part says "assembly" and the serial number for the hoist assy., which I have. Anyone have a good shot of this area on an ANG jet?

Thanks!

Ben

Ben, So far I have not found a clear enough shot where the words are legible. Still looking though!

Cliff

Anyone have pics of Ohio ANG Huns? I am specifically looking for 164th TFS 179th TFG pics, they had yellow tailbands with a script "OHIO" in white. Also looking for F-84E/F, F-80C, F-51D/H, T-28, AT-6, T-33, C-47, C-46, C-54, T-29, A-26. Working on a history project for my squadron, and would be very thankful of for anyone who has pics. Thanks in advance-

Anyone have pics of Ohio ANG Huns? I am specifically looking for 164th TFS 179th TFG pics, they had yellow tailbands with a script "OHIO" in white. Also looking for F-84E/F, F-80C, F-51D/H, T-28, AT-6, T-33, C-47, C-46, C-54, T-29, A-26. Working on a history project for my squadron, and would be very thankful of for anyone who has pics. Thanks in advance-

Hi Herc,

All I have are a couple of shots of a 178th jet and three or four 180th jets. I can post them if you're interested. Michael Benolkin has a couple of 179th jets here:

http://www.f-100.org/hun063.shtml

Cliff, thanks for looking! I've been looking all over, and have found a lot of great shots of that area of the jet, but they were all Vietnam-era Huns without the band-aid. :crying:

Cheers!

Ben

black and white stuff is from an album of old pictures,i need to start scanning them all 20tfw,48tfw and some other USAFE units

colour stuff off the internet,have loads of pics like this and from cd-roms i have collected.

i have a big interest in the USAFE in the uk.

black and white stuff is from an album of old pictures,i need to start scanning them all 20tfw,48tfw and some other USAFE units

colour stuff off the internet,have loads of pics like this and from cd-roms i have collected.

i have a big interest in the USAFE in the uk.

Great photos, Zed! :huh:

Ben

• 1 month later...

Haven't posted anything for a while

So

Here are three from my KANG archives

54-1981 on the ramp

54-1981F-100CKANGKIAB.jpg

A flight of KANG Huns

F-100CFlight.jpg

54-1989 wearing "war paint" over Kunsan Air Base, Korea when the unit was activated during the U.S.S. Pueblo crisis

54-1989F-100CKANGKunsan.jpg

Regards

John

Edited by kstater94

Awesome! When I was a kid, we lived right off the end of one of the runways at McConnell. I'd sit outside on the swing set, so I could see over the fence and get a good view of everything coming and going. When they were landing, they were ony a few hundred feet up, low enough that you could see the pilot. I remember a constant stream of F-100s, F-105s, B-52s, and the occasional F-4C. I got to where I could tell what plane it was by the sound of the engine. The F-4s sounded like a siren when they'd come down the approach. This was mid- to late-'60s, so everything was camouflaged by then.

Thanks for posting!

Cheers!

Ben

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Some Indiana F-100's

86affaf4.jpg

F10004.jpg

The last Hun,F-100D 56-2979,made the final USAF/ANG sortie on November 10,1979

F-100D56-2979.jpg

Did not realize that they ever looked as GOOD as these !!!...

all the photos BTW are STUNNING. Thank you guys for posting them..

Edited by HOLMES

I thought I had posted these already but just checked and, Nope! Here are a couple from Kelly and Lackland. I took these back in '06 but they are still there and look about the same as of this month when I was down there.

Mark

Kelly

100_3331.jpg

Lackland

F-100A.jpg