WOW...!!! There are some really AMAZING, STUNNING PHOTOS of these GORGOEUS Mustangs....!!!

I like them all but I FEEL a little biased towards the old photos as they evoke so many emotions when you look them especially those in balck and white

and those showing the Fighter pilots in them....Thank you Guys for posting them.

HOLMES... :thumbsup:

The following photos were taken by John Estes at El Paso, TX in the summer of 1974. The two P-51s in the following series (44-74391 and 44-74902) were ex Guatemalan AF (FAG) Mustangs bought by Connie Edwards. Both still exist.

John needs to dif out the negatives so I can scan them!

44-74391:

P-51D44-74391N38229ELP19741.jpg

P-51D44-74391N38229ELP197415.jpg

P-51D44-74391N38229ELP197416.jpg

Here's a couple of static displays from Lackland AFB...

Do TwinMustangs count?

IMG_0486a.jpg

I kinda wonder how accurate the preservation job on this one is...especially the un-cuffed props. Still, it's a Mustang. Or was once. Should'a gotten a better side view - I wonder if it might be a Cavalier Mustang in disguise.

IMG_0490a.jpg

Close up on the reproduction nose art. Is it still nose art if it's under the cockpit?

IMG_0491a.jpg

Edited by BAM'n'IVM
Here's a couple of static displays from Lackland AFB...

I kinda wonder how accurate the preservation job on this one is...especially the un-cuffed props. Still, it's a Mustang. Or was once. Should'a gotten a better side view - I wonder if it might be a Cavalier Mustang in disguise.

IMG_0490a.jpg

It is a P-51H serial 44-64376. The main gear (and wheels)is a good give away. For some reasonH fuselages just never looks quite "right" to me. Maybe they just look anemic when compared to P-51Ds.

Edited by jinxx1
  • 4 weeks later...