• 3 weeks later...

Here's a beauty for your viewing pleasure. A WWII vintage color photo of an ace's P-51D-5-NA, SN 44-13464. Personal aircraft of Samuel J. Brown, commanding officer of the 307th Fighter Squadron, 31st Fighter Group, 15th Air Force. Photo probably taken in Italy.

P_51_02a.jpg

Edited by Ham
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice pics of all the pretty Mustangs, Folks ...

I really like seeing Old Yeller again ...

I seen many airshows in the 70s and 80s with Bob Hoover performing in them ...

Thanks for sharing them all ...

Gregg

Was piloting a Cessna 172 Friday morning at KISM, Kissimmee Gateway, and as I was taxiing to RWY 15 and this guy was infront of me....WOW!!

:worship: The sound and smell were Incredible........Oh yeah, as I was watching this bird burn down the runway I heard "CAUTION WAKE TURBULENCE" - back to reality.

STALLION51KISM9-18-2009.jpg

Edited by 78-0001
  • 1 year later...
Was piloting a Cessna 172 Friday morning at KISM, Kissimmee Gateway, and as I was taxiing to RWY 15 and this guy was infront of me....WOW!!

:thumbsup: The sound and smell were Incredible........Oh yeah, as I was watching this bird burn down the runway I heard "CAUTION WAKE TURBULENCE" - back to reality.

STALLION51KISM9-18-2009.jpg

Now that is A STUNNING looking Mustang ! :touche::whistle:

Hopefully there will be another P-51 in the air soon. War Eagles Air Museum, late August.

P-51D44-75024N96JM5T6Aug0910.jpg

P-51D44-75024N96JM5T6Aug094.jpg

COOL !!! Ncie sharp photos.. :wub:

Guys you made MY day with these .thank you

HOLMES :D

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a couple of the CAF's beautiful Stang. I think this was the first show she flew in, but I can't remember. I happened to catch one of the Tora planes in the background with the Stang so I had to keep it. Not the sharpest pic, or super accurate, but who cares? Not me. Hope you like them. I will put up some more Stangs as I find them on my comp.

Brandon

byrequest3.jpg

byrequest4.jpg

byrequest2.jpg

byrequest1.jpg

cafp515.jpg

....And here are a couple more from Maxwell 2010. The amazing Snort and a couple passes from his display. He flew a formation with a QF-4 from Tyndall, and did some flybys including rolls and some very typical "Snort" passes. I had the opportunity to meet Snort Friday night, and I must say that I was starstruck. I couldn't think of a da#n thing to say and felt like an idiot. BUT, one of my companions mentioned to Snort that he(Snort) met his father(former Sabre pilot) the year before at Dobbins, and Snort immediately remembered the conversation and details. Quite impressive for a man that must meet tons of people a year all over the country. I will say that he was as cool as the other side of the pillow.

Anyways, here are a couple pics. Excuse the rather poor sharpness of the pics. None of the pics I have put up tonight have been processed in any way, just resized and tagged. The pics of Snodgrass flying were, by far, not my best.

A "low" pass

maxwellsnort1.jpg

A "typical Snort" pass

maxwellsnort2.jpg

Sorry about the fuzzies. Didn't have any luck with this series of shots. I was trying to hard to catch blur with a slow prop.

maxwellsnort3.jpg

Enjoy(even if they are blurry).

P-51H on display at the Chanute Air Museum:

1138265948_MJhYw-L.jpg

Excellent view of the air filter that resides behind the perfed panel on the chin. Almost all Merlin Mustangs were built with this feature. Let this quash those old wives tales about the panel being an oil vent...

Edited by Slartibartfast