C-130s, the amazing HERK!

The guy's name was Dave Davenport. When I was at Littlerock I somehow came in contact with him while he was stationed at Pope. I proveded some photos for a book he was doing on the C-130 and received a copy when it was published but never got around to getting some T-shirts. Just never had the money. That was back in the mid to late 70s and after I left for Kadena, I lost contact completely.

• 3 weeks later...

A few pics from a recent trip I took to the desert and back.

Mark

He did it! After landing at LRAFB following an ESP for a prop low oil light. (Note the feathered prop.)

100_4458.jpg

Full ramp at LRAFB at sunset.

100_4462.jpg

Our loadmasters in their usual in-flight positions!

100_4463.jpg

Getting gas in Canada

100_4492.jpg

Stop for gas in Iceland at old Kef'

100_4491.jpg

Edited by Mark O. Williams

I took these at RAF Fairford 1989

US MC-130

MC-130.jpg

RAF Herc's

RAFC-130.jpg

RAFC-1302.jpg

US Coast Guard

HC-130H.jpg

Royal New Zealand Airforce

RNZAFC-130.jpg

Can you believe these guys flew all the way from New Zealand to the UK in a Herc!

Julien :)

Edited by Julien (UK)
Royal New Zealand Airforce

RNZAFC-130.jpg

Can you believe these guys flew all the way from New Zealand to the UK in a Herc!

Julien :)

In 2005 they did it again. This time they acted as the support aircraft for the Red Arrows, so the UK had more of their own Hercules availlable for their troups in Iraq.

Here is a scan of a couple of C-130 bits a friend saved for me from the scrap heap at the factory. The light green is the overall color applied to the cargo bay interior (and, I'm pretty sure, most interior airframe spaces). I'm not sure of the darker green but it is a color used somewhere on the Herk. The oval patches are pasted in and are taken from 11x11 pixel samples of each piece to account for surface irregularities causing reflections in the scan. Hope these will help anyone trying to match that difficult green in the cargo bay.

2005267751859820176_rs.jpg

:banana:

Edited by mkimages

Mark, Are you in the 40th? I was in the 40th!! Before that I was in the 773rd. I was a GAC troop at Dyess from 1991 to 1996. I heard a lot has changed since I was there last.

A bunch of JPADS rigs in the back of my aircraft today. We dropped these from "way up high" over YPG today and get to do it again tomorrow! Below is a pic of me when we landed and I had just taken off my O2 mask! For all of the crew it was our first time dropping from "way up high"!

000_0002.jpg

000_0003.jpg

Mark, Are you in the 40th? I was in the 40th!! Before that I was in the 773rd. I was a GAC troop at Dyess from 1991 to 1996. I heard a lot has changed since I was there last.

Yep! PM on the way!

Mark

A 317th AG tail. Taken January 08 at Little Rock AFB.

100_4461.jpg

Edited by Mark O. Williams

No telling, when I was taking the picture non of the crew were in the area. When I got a chance to come back later she was gone. We had all sorts of strange looking Herks wonder in.