I've got a ? on photo-etch...

Question:

I'm about ready to start the cockpit assembly on my Hase Tomcat, and I'm going to use the Eduard superdetail set (the color one). The way I read the instructions, on some of the instrument panels, it's a combination of the PE parts and a little painting. Should I paint the panels and THEN put the PE parts on, or should I put the PE before I paint.

Oh, and another thing...I'm not sure if I'm the only one that has this problem, but my gloss and flat white paints won't adhere for crap - even when I use primer. I end up doing about 3 coats of it to get a good solid shade of white. I either use the little bottles of Testors, or I use Model Master, whichever is readily available to me (if I use Model Master, it's Insignia White, if I use Testors, I use the regular whites).

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks a lot!

I like to paint the parts first then add them to panel. I find that the attachment points are so small that touching them with the paint brush after knocks them off.

I assume that you are talking about painting the back of instrument film and white paint not sticking. Paint doesn't stick to this stuff. My solution is to apply it to the instrument panel first then paint the back afterwards to minimize handling. The paint will just crack and fall off if you handle it too much. Another solution is to use artist oil or arcylic tube paints since they dry very slowly and very thick they cover quite well.

Ron

:cheers:

Oh, and another thing...I'm not sure if I'm the only one that has this problem, but my gloss and flat white paints won't adhere for crap - even when I use primer. I end up doing about 3 coats of it to get a good solid shade of white.

My suggestion for nonsticking paint is to wash with vinegar prior to painting. Someone has mentioned before IIRC.

HTH