Looks like -365 zapped it. That is an AH-1F (you can tell by the Laser Spot Tracker on the front of the doghouse, the ADS boom coming off the right side of the cockpit, and the big wubba IR suppressor exhaust)

I'm surprised that a civilian AH-1F is still running with a full FLIR turret and the M197 gun!

Jon

HML/A-365 would be a Marine unit but there is no such unit. Closest thing is HMM-365. Probably just make believe. The 20mm is a dummy and judging by the tinted TSU window it is probably either a dummy or gutted. If I recall correctly this aircraft resides in Austria.

HML/A-365 would be a Marine unit but there is no such unit. Closest thing is HMM-365. Probably just make believe. The 20mm is a dummy and judging by the tinted TSU window it is probably either a dummy or gutted. If I recall correctly this aircraft resides in Austria.

Roger that, thanks sir!

Great shots Jinxx! N209J was still at Knox when I was there for Leaders Training Course in June/July. Some time between July 2004 and November 2005 she was moved to Ft. Rucker, because she was there on display in the museum on 30 Nov when I arrived!

Jon

Another D/229th photo. Note the heavy chipped paint.

017.jpg

Here is one fresh off the boat destined for D/229th. Note the transition to the darker paint color, FS34031 I think.

022.jpg

Still another Smiling Tiger in the dark colored late Vietnam War paint. The canopy is still in the FS34079 color.

027.jpg

if you are tired of these I can stop. I have a bunch.

Floyd

Love that stuff. Wish I was in the Ft Rucker area so I could finagle one more Cobra flight. Love the AH-1F and I can only imagine how nice it is without all the stuff on it. Hope you'll share some more photos, especially of the smoke generators on the wing tips.

Floyd

Nice shots Floyd...VERY COOL to say the least. I'm an aspiring Snake handler too! Rich.

Here's one of me 3 weeks ago during a static display at the annual Fort Rucker 'Chili cook-off'

Isn't this enough to make you cry? This is LSI at Ft Drum, NY and the Army Cobra Boneyard. I just want one, is that too much to ask?

Floyd

I was wondering what that place was! Last time I was up at Ft Drum we drove past that place, saw some Jordanain Cobras there. Thought it was a depot facility. But there were a LOT of helo's in the area!

Ok Floyd, we're taking a trip. We'll grab Rich and Brock and go liberate some of those Snakes up at Drum!

That is just too cool!

Jon

I'm in, when we get there, I'll guard the gate entrance,Floyd,Jon, you guys crank up the first Snake, after you get it cranked up (make sure to toss a few 20MM rounds in the belt feed) come take my spot guarding the gate, Brock and I'll crank the up the second ship, I'll hit the first liqour joint I find on the way outa town......we'll meet at the following coordinates......eh.....very close to the NY Giants cheeleader training camp. Floyd, Jon, you guys hit a pizza joint near the rally point (large pizza boxes will fit in the ammo bay, bout 10 high)....I like pineapple and extra cheese, you guys get whatever you want. Oh, and if you dont have enough money.....remember you have the 20mm rounds. OUT.

Edited by chopperpilot71