Two Seafires-72nd scale

• 2 weeks later...

Gents:

The third kit finally arrives! (After 4 wks in customs)

IMG_0001.jpg

True to the reviews, the interior detail is "soft"

FAA-types002-1.jpg

the fuselage is joined up

FAA-types010.jpg

Three in progress (two seafires and the Sea Fury

FAA-types005-1.jpg

Alvin5182

Edited by alvin5182

You're making rapid progress with that Sea Fury Alvin! Take it was a frustrating 4 weeks :cheers:

Be interesting to watch the brutish lines of the Sea Fury form alongside the more delicate shape of the Seafires.

Martin:

Thanks. The two Seafires will be Pacific fleet a/c (undecided as to which a/c yet) and the Sea Fury will be Canadian ie: VW225 in her final scheme with VF 870, Navy*117 with the red lightning bolts on the fuel tanks.

Alvin5182

• 4 weeks later...

Gents:

A small update. The upper left Airfix VB conversion to an FRIII has had the fuselage strengthening strakes added in plastic and the Octopus FIII has had the guns, canopy and tail surfaces added. The Sea Fury is joined up to the centre section and awaiting some re-scribing around the engine, tail surfaces added. The other on the right is a Fujimi Spitfire FR 14E that just came "on line" to accomodate some Whiskey Jack decals I finally obtained and will represent a Canadian reg'd late 40's racer. Lots of bits painted.

Alvin5182

IMG_0025.jpg

Alvin,

This is a fine 'instant' (give or take all the work to get them to this stage) collection of three FAA fighters. Looks like painting is just 'round the corner; hope it goes well for you. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing colour and decals adorn these kits. Thanks for the update.

Andrew.

• 5 weeks later...

Hoi Al,

Looking good. Seafires have nice lines to them. It will be interesting to see which schemes you go with.

later

Ruud

(who is closing in on using those decals you sent last year).

Gents:

A small update. The Seafires have been painted, glossed and decalled. The FRIII is done up as NN507 of 894 Sqn on board HMS Indefatigable and the FIII is done up as PR171 of 807 Sqn aboard HMS Hunter. The Sea Fury..............I'm thinkin' on it for a bit!

DogsandStuff013.jpg

Alvin5182

• 1 month later...

Gents:

The Sea Fury has progressed (with mucho self induced problems) I got in so much "trouble" I decided to go ahead and finish the thing, trying to "bluff' my way thru to a successful build. Here's how it looks now.

IMG_0002.jpg

The two Seafires are on hiatus at present , but the prognosis is favourable for a good finish.

Alvin5182

Colin:

It is an overpaint of the previous B or East Indies roundel. It looks a lot more pronounced in the photo than it does in real life and it will be toned down as well when I dirty the thing up.

Alvin5182.

• 2 weeks later...