F-16C Block 25, 158 FW VT ANG 85-1403

Interesting. They've managed to get it wrong each time since that first release.

As Greg's photo shows, the bottom of the beer cans are only flat towards the rear.

Jake

Jake,

Thanks, although it hard to see in the photo, I sort achieved the effect of the flat sides to the antennas when I taper them with a sanding stick. Didn't do that intentionally, but it just worked out that way.

Yeah kind of funny about Black Box.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Back at it

Working on replacing the pitot tube. I bought a 1/8" diameter x 3' length of brass rod at Home Depot for about $3.00. I cut off a small piece and chucked it in my rotary tool as a poor man's lathe.

DSCN2018.jpg

Using a mill bastard file and some micro files I reduced the diameter down.

DSCN2024.jpg

Eventually worked down to a tapered point. Finally polished out the big scratches with wet/dry sand paper.

DSCN2030.jpg

Compared to kit piece, not perfect, but an improvement. Also it is much stronger.

DSCN2034.jpg

DSCN2038.jpg

I just temporarily inserted it into the nose cone. Next I'm going to try to turn AOA probes using the same brass rod.

Mark

Here is some more work that I have finished in addition to working on the pitot.

I finally got the wings on. I wasn't happy with the wing strengthening plates, so I am re-doing those. Just need to fill and clean up seams now. I'm getting to the part of the build I hate the most, seam filling and sanding.

I was going to try and scratch build some of the details in the main landing gear wells, but in the interest of time I went with the Aires set instead. This is a beautiful set and is light years ahead of my scratch building abilities. I have installed the main gear wells. As has been mentioned before in others' builds, the main gear wells are just a little too short.

Since I was ordering the gear wells I also ordered the exhaust nozzle for the Pratt engines. Man! Both of these sets are works of art. I just hope my painting skills can do them justice. No shortage of inspiration on these forums though.

DSCN2040.jpg

DSCN2039.jpg

Mark

Since I had the rotary tool mounted in my bench vise I thought I'd try to turn a couple AOA probes. Quick work to make two. For now they are just inserted into holes drilled in the side of the nose cone.

DSCN2046.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
okthree, already concluded this kit?

ill be monitoring the progress because I have this same kit ... ;)

Thanks, Fabiano Dias.

Hey Fabiano,

Thanks for the kind words. I have not finished this kit yet. It is sitting on my model bench. I have been distracted by a F/A-18 that was calling my name. I hope to get back to the F-16 soon. I'll post any new work in the "In Progress" forum.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Fabiano,

Thanks for the kind words. I have not finished this kit yet. It is sitting on my model bench. I have been distracted by a F/A-18 that was calling my name. I hope to get back to the F-16 soon. I'll post any new work in the "In Progress" forum.

Mark

Hi Mark

What is the link for the F-18D? not because he thought .... :cheers:

Thank's, Fabiano.

Hi Mark

What is the link for the F-18D? not because he thought .... :whistle:

Thank's, Fabiano.

Fabiano,

Here's the link to the Hornet build if you're interested in that. Its for the McAir 30 Anniv GB.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=157166

If you are looking for a link to the F-16, there isn't one yet. I have not done any more work on this kit for awhile. As soon as I do something worth posting pictures of, I will put it up in the "In Progress" and let you know. :woo:

Thanks

Mark

Edited by okthree