My Phantom FG.1.

DSC03032.jpg

True Details ejection seats, Seamless Suckers intakes, LE and TE flaps cut away and dropped, SNEB rocket pods scavenged from an Airfix Harrier and attached to TERs from a Monogram F-4J donated by Jeff Stoermer.

DSC03033.jpg

I have a 1/48 Sea Fury and Wyvern nearly finished, not quite ready to pose for pictures.

And I'm still not sure what I'm doing for the GB. :thumbsup:

here are a few pics of my RCN as.3 avenger.

its going to be a aircraft flown by VC 920 out of downsveiw in 1957. probably one of the most colourful avengers out there.

Picture033.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture011-2.jpg

ive used the dangerboy wing fold kit, the eduard photo etch kit, and the belcher bits canadian avenger conversion kit. I have also scratch built most of the engine detail, the MAD boom and i still need to scratch build the AN/UPD 501 "trash cans" under the nose and behind the rudder. in addition, im goign to have to make my own decals to wrap around the MAD boom. phew...tha

ts a long list.

i wish i had a drawing or a pic of what this will look like when it is done but all i have are copywrited materials in a book and not even a scanner with which to break the law :thumbsup: . oh well..you are just going to have to use yoru imagination on this one.

sean

• 1 month later...

Been AWOL from the GB for a lot of reasons, one being this ...

Tamiya 1/48 Swordfish II, done for an IPMS/USA review. Basically OOB, with addition of the Tamiya Photo-etch set, control cables to the tail surfaces, and a few other bits. I did one wing spread, one folded for review purposes. Markings are 816 Sqn on channel patrol duties. Photos show the invasion stripes to be hand-painted and that is the effect I tried to achieve.

swf2_leftrear_1512.jpg

swf2_rightfront_1560.jpg

swf2_cockpit_1513.jpg

All the ordnance is clunky so I spent a bit of time sanding down fins, mounts, etc ...

swf2_ordnance_1506.jpg

And here she is with two of my favorite books ...

swf2_withbooks_1551.jpg

I made a few errors, but I still like it ... The full review will be on the IPMS/USA Review website in a couple weeks ... Kit is highly recommended (by me) ...

Now back to this GB and my Flycatcher ...

John