• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi! A small update:

Seafire.jpg

Fit was not that good, but the kit does look the part.

Biggest problem so far: parts of the canopy frames are missing, just not moulded :blink:

SeafireCanopy.jpg

I will try to fix them with some putty...but, given my skills, the result will be very poor!

Oh well...

Happy modelling!

Hi! A small update:

Seafire.jpg

Fit was not that good, but the kit does look the part.

Biggest problem so far: parts of the canopy frames are missing, just not moulded :)

SeafireCanopy.jpg

I will try to fix them with some putty...but, given my skills, the result will be very poor!

Oh well...

Happy modelling!

Thats too bad about the canopy. i would say purchase the vac-form canopy, but still try to fix that one...its a good way to build skills. its like my dad when he paints NO detial on the interior." but whos going to see it when its hanging??" :) then he wonders why he can't detail as well as i can. :bandhead2:

nice paint job BTW. may i ask what manufacturer and colour of grey you ahae used??

sean

• 2 weeks later...

SeafireandSpit.jpg

seafireIMG_4865.jpg

Almost done :whistle:

A few touchups, a flat or semigloss coat...

I took a pic including its "older brother" :) (Tamiya kit).

As Michael said, the canopy doesn't fit, I will try to source a vac one.

Decals are really bad, as I've often found in airfix kits...

I recommend the kit, I think it is a very good addition to the shelf, and we are talking about one of the best looking birds ever seen...

That said, I don't think this kit can be build OOB, as I like to do, sadly needing a vac canopy and aftermarket decals, not because of the modeler's choice, but because of the lack of quality of the kit's items (IMHO, of course , and hoping those problems are not found in other boxings).

thanks for looking!