Request for the 1/32 Aftermarket guys

We really, really need a 1/32 GQ/IQ-7 seat for the F-104. The CAM GQ-5 doesn't count because it's not right for the F-104 and you can't just use a Mk.7 F-4 seat. Surprised no one in all these years have done this seat, or a Starfighter cockpit set with the seat. All that's out there has the Lockheed seat. The only MB seats I've seen are in the C&H TF-104 conversion, and it's not worth buying the entire conversion just for the seats.

Who's up for it? Harold?

Anyone?

We really, really need a 1/32 GQ/IQ-7 seat for the F-104. The CAM GQ-5 doesn't count because it's not right for the F-104 and you can't just use a Mk.7 F-4 seat. Surprised no one in all these years have done this seat, or a Starfighter cockpit set with the seat. All that's out there has the Lockheed seat. The only MB seats I've seen are in the C&H TF-104 conversion, and it's not worth buying the entire conversion just for the seats.

Who's up for it? Harold?

Anyone?

Hmmmm???

Who's up for it? Harold?

Anyone?

This was used by Tiawan and Denmark?

Germany and Italy were the main users of the MB seat. Some of Taiwan's F-104Gs are ex-German birds and have the MB seat. Think most Danish 104s were ex CF-104s that came with the Lockheed seat, but they may have got MB seats during overhaul. Think Greece also got some ex German 104s with the MB seat.

In short, there are a lot of AFs that used the MB seat in the 104.

Danish F-104G and F-104F all had the Martin Baker seat - these was installed almost at delivery in 1965. When the RDAF bought used CF-104's in the early 1970'ties, they were all converted to F-104G standard and MB-seats was installed at the same time.

The shortage of two seaters was so desperate, that when the canadian airframes was delivered some or all of the two-seaters were pressed into service before conversion (but not before MB seats had replaced the original seats) Guess they really liked the MB-seats

I think I have all I can find on the net. If anyone has more references of the seat, please let me know. I have found two seats with the same designation. (only slightly different)

I think it is do-able!!

Thanks in advance,

Harold

Have you been to the Ejection Site?

http://www.ejectionsite.com/frame_sg.htm

Yes. Good photos. It appears that the major differences are in the para pack and headrest/drogue chute areas.

I was making sure that I had all there was, to make sure I don't do any booboos. I know the AMS guys would get the rope out for sure. (just kidding guys).

I have a resin mockup sitting on my workbench as I type! (the drogue and 'chute needs more work)

Quick, huh?

Well, I have been working on quite a few seats over the last few months. This one was one I was already considering. If I can pull this one off, I'll send you one to pick apart.

Cheers,

Harold

Edited by Harold

Who's up for it? Harold?

Anyone?

Dave, it seems someone heard you... :coolio:

http://www.allinscale.com/dettaglio_articolo.asp?id=10332

Luca

Hi,

the MB GQ-7 was produced by TAC Scale Dynamics then by CAM, it was the German version.

In a local hobby shop here in Rome, Italy, I saw the IQ-7 version made by a small manufacturer, but I don't remeber the name. Do you need some???

All the best.

Marco

Who's up for it? Harold?

Anyone?

Hi,

the MB GQ-7 was produced by TAC Scale Dynamics then by CAM, it was the German version.

In a local hobby shop here in Rome, Italy, I saw the IQ-7 version made by a small manufacturer, but I don't remeber the name. Do you need some???

All the best.

Marco

Hi Marco,

What I saw put out by both TAC Scale and later reissued by CAM was a seat that they claimed was the MB seat for the F-104, but it was actually a GQ-5, which was not used by the Starfighter and had a different parachute pack from the -7. I've got the seat in the original TAC Scale packaging and it is not a GQ-7. I've never seen a correct GQ-7 in either a TAC Scale or CAM boxing.

Dave

Edited by Dave Williams

Hi Dave,

probably you are right, but I do not remember clearly the "piece". :thumbsup:

Anyway, the one I saw these week end here in a local shop is absolutely a correct MB IQ-7 kit, it's this one:

http://www.allinscale.com/dettaglio_articolo.asp?id=10332

All the best.

Marco :o

Hi Marco,

What I saw put out by both TAC Scale and later reissued by CAM was a seat that they claimed was the MB seat for the F-104, but it was actually a GQ-5, which was not used by the Starfighter and had a different parachute pack from the -7. I've got the seat in the original TAC Scale packaging and it is not a GQ-7. I've never seen a correct GQ-7 in either a TAC Scale or CAM boxing.

Dave