Any word on an AM gun mount for the Pave Hawk yet?

I hope so. I posted a pretty good set of detail photos over at Prime Portal...even had a tape measure on the ammo boxes. If anyone IS or WANTS to produce this as aftermarket resin, PM me and I'm willing to get whatever photos etc. they need on the system.

Same deal for H/UH-60 skis (Japanese and Dutch are also using the same skis on their Apaches).

I am working on a set.

aircooled 50 cal barrels and ammo cans are almost done. The only problem will be the ammo chuts.

I tried to contact Eduard, Aber for possible PE assistance but no positive respond yet.

Any reference help will be apritiated

Andy

Andy!

You da' Man-Please let me know how you progress...I'd love some of these! Are we talking exterior mount ammo cans?

Regards,

Pig

I am working on a set.

aircooled 50 cal barrels and ammo cans are almost done. The only problem will be the ammo chuts.

I tried to contact Eduard, Aber for possible PE assistance but no positive respond yet.

Andy

I would be very interested as well. Will they be carried by one of the AM resin helo companies? CC or Fireball maybe??

Keep us posted.

Edited by HeavyArty
I would be very interested as well. Will they be carried by one of the AM resin helo companies? CC or Fireball maybe??

Keep us posted.

Gino,

I am not sure yet but since I am working with Armour Brigade Models maybe it will be released from ABM.

On the other hand if Cris is working on the set aswell I don't wont to stay on his way...

We'll see how it goes

Andy

• 1 year later...

Finally got some news on the external gun mounts.... The aircooled 50.cal barrels are ready to be shipped to me. Took them longer then expected but the wait was worth it!

Storm004.jpg

Storm005.jpg

That means that I can proceed with this project...

Now what to do with the ammo chuts?

Eduard still doesnt respond. Anybody knows other PE manufacturer that could help making a set of chutes in 1/35?

Andy

I hope so. I posted a pretty good set of detail photos over at Prime Portal...even had a tape measure on the ammo boxes. If anyone IS or WANTS to produce this as aftermarket resin, PM me and I'm willing to get whatever photos etc. they need on the system.

Same deal for H/UH-60 skis (Japanese and Dutch are also using the same skis on their Apaches).

Hi

did you get any measurements for the skis ?

Steve

Finally got some news on the external gun mounts.... The aircooled 50.cal barrels are ready to be shipped to me. Took them longer then expected but the wait was worth it!

Eduard still doesnt respond. Anybody knows other PE manufacturer that could help making a set of chutes in 1/35?

Andy

Great news, Andy!

As for the PE there was a guy in Austria, who made PE on demand. I have to find the link and will get back to you.

Storm004.jpg

Storm005.jpg

That means that I can proceed with this project...

Now what to do with the ammo chuts?

Andy

Consider a flex "resin", it doesn't leave you with the "open" appearance of etch chutes. Open chutes sort of scream for rounds of ammunition to be inside the chutes and that leaves you with another dilemma. Etch linked ammo is flat looking, lacks that three dimensional factor. IMHO that's just an additional headache I'd rather not fidget with. From my point of view based on all the years I've worked in the aftermarket field, the simpler the better.

Beautiful work so far!

Chris M

aka Chief Snake

Chris,

I was thinking about making the chutes solid...but I do not have any experience in casting of vinyl or other rubber-ish materials... but I am open to suggestions and will appreciate any help.

I was actually thinking of making the chutes from softer type of resin (the one that can be easily bend in hot water)

But PE would just look crisp...IMHO - it does have disadvantages though - and you got a good point - without ammunition it looks "flat and empty"

Joe,

the scale is 1/35

Tom,

as soon as I get the masters all done - will post some news here

Avus, thanks, I'll try to email them anyway and we'll see how it goes

Andy

If you want, I will be glad to share with you the materials, processes and requirements for making flex chutes. The material I use does not require any heating to make it fit the application the modeler is choosing. The belts and dump tubes I make are quite flexible after the curing process. The mold making process is simple and the "master" parts already exist. Just send me a pm and I'll respond.

Chris M

aka Chief Snake

• 3 months later...
I am working on a set.

Andy

Ok where do I sign up for a several sets of the external gun mounts ? If you require additonal pics I can also supply pics from the RQS

Consider a flex "resin", it doesn't leave you with the "open" appearance of etch chutes. Open chutes sort of scream for rounds of ammunition to be inside the chutes and that leaves you with another dilemma. Etch linked ammo is flat looking, lacks that three dimensional factor. IMHO that's just an additional headache I'd rather not fidget with. From my point of view based on all the years I've worked in the aftermarket field, the simpler the better.

Beautiful work so far!

Chris M

aka Chief Snake

Chris, how you doing? We have spoken a few times in the past about ammo chutes. I have a new question to ask.....are there any plans to make the MH-60K conversion kit in 1/35 scale as it is in the 1/48 scale?