AH-1F Cobras I've flown

Here are a couple of AH-1Fs that I've flown over the years since I have them uploaded for something else already. Hope you like them.

Floyd

AH-1F, 79-23221, C Troop, 1st Squadron, 7th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division, "Vivacious Vonnie"

CompletedSharkmouthLeftside.jpg

Markings.jpg

SharkmouthDrawing.jpg

AH-1F, 79-23245, which tried to kill me on 29 April 1994 by having the engine quit on takeoff.

245-6.jpg

AH-1F, 1st Squadron, 1st Cavalry Regiment, 1st Armored Division leaving for Bosnia in December 1995

1995Budingen.jpg

Oh there are more but those are just a few.

Floyd

Some more.

Here flying over the Alps on the most beautiful day I've ever seen, especially in Germany

cobra.jpg

At Kaposvar, Hungary in June 1996 doing a Cav take off

1996CavtakeoffHungary.jpg

Here are some more Bosnia in 1996 but it isn't June

1053705651.jpg

1995BosnianTakeoff2.jpg

Here is 245 after the Gulf War and before it tried to kill me.

1043511.jpg

I have more.

Floyd

Here are some mods that need to be added to the Monogram kit for a Desert Storm aircraft.

The Improved Particle Separator (IPS)

ImprovedParticleSeparatorLeftside.jpg

ImprovedParticleSeparatorRightside.jpg

The M-130 Chaff Dispenser. The Cobra was only able to fire the chaff and not the flare from this. Don't known why but that is all they would allow to be loaded according to the -10.

M130FlareandChaffDispenser.jpg

Just awesome shots Floyd. Very cool stuff. Out of curiosity, did the IPS rob much power? I'd think with restricting the airflow like that you wouldn't get near the performance. Just wondering.

We've got the same issue with the M130. With the Longbow, they went to the M141 which can fire both.

Jon

WOW, those are great photos Floyd!! I've noticed the chaff/flare dispenser on the left port-side of the tail, I have been wandering where the Army would put that. I also noticed the dust filter intakes as well. Are the antenna's the latest on the Foxtrot Cobra?

Do you have anymore pics of the AH-1S(F)? Its hard to find good photos of the 'F' version, especially of the US Army IMO.

I don't remember the IPS robbing any power and was pretty transparant. It did save a lot of engines though. Before the IPS we were going through engines in about 20-25 hours, but after we did use any.

Floyd

Just awesome shots Floyd. Very cool stuff. Out of curiosity, did the IPS rob much power? I'd think with restricting the airflow like that you wouldn't get near the performance. Just wondering.

We've got the same issue with the M130. With the Longbow, they went to the M141 which can fire both.

Jon

Got to start somewhere and here it is at Ft Rucker in an AH-1P. Okay it isn't my photo but I'm sure I flew it or many like it.

hancheycobra.jpg

Here is a C Troop, 1-7 Cav, 1st Cav Division AH-1P sometime in 1989-90 at an airshow at Dyess AFB in Abeline, if I'm not mistaken. God I love my Stetson. It still sits prominently in my living room along with my crossed sabers.

AH-1Pfloyd1.jpg

A typical AH-1F, not mine though

AH-1F69-16416MarchARBMar071.jpg

TOW launcher

ah-1s164.jpg

My aircraft before becoming a civilian, OH-58D® 1-7 Cav, 1st Cav Division Bosnia 1998

warriorbosniafw_2.jpg

warriorbosniafw_1.jpg

and a model of it

kiowathugsfw_13.jpg

And my current ride again, the Baltimore City Police EC-120B2, FOXTROT

Foxtrot.jpg

Thanks for looking and I have more. Lots more.

Floyd