F-16D progress (1/48 Has)

The staining may look odd, but from what I was told, the greoundcrew in the Royal Norwegian Air Force were tasked with cleaning off the residue with a rag soaked in jet fuel, and I am sure this just added to the mess before it gets better. So, odd it may look, but perhaps not totally unreal. However, to my mind , the nose seems to be a little upturned? Still, the level of detailing and craft is very high.

Jens

The staining may look odd, but from what I was told, the greoundcrew in the Royal Norwegian Air Force were tasked with cleaning off the residue with a rag soaked in jet fuel, and I am sure this just added to the mess before it gets better. So, odd it may look, but perhaps not totally unreal. However, to my mind , the nose seems to be a little upturned? Still, the level of detailing and craft is very high.

Jens

The gun blast stains were made using Tamiya weathering sticks, that can be changed anytime. If I airbrushed it, little too permanent.

As for the radome, it is a resin copy of the Tamiya boxing. Shape is definitely different than Has offering

The gun blast stains were made using Tamiya weathering sticks, that can be changed anytime. If I airbrushed it, little too permanent.

Maybe if you´ll polish it a little more, it will look better - but it is my oppinion, its your F-16 and your way to go :blink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Finally some more progress, I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Next step is to finish the engine nozzle & add weapons. I also plan to add some RBF flags at some stage. Hopefully I can do all this without breaking of that pesky Radome pitot tube again!

90-01.jpg

90-03.jpg

90-04.jpg

90-05.jpg

90-06.jpg

Egcellent build ... but it looks on two of the above pics as though the nose cone has been put on upside down. I have never seen a Viper Nosecone with such a curve on the underside. The underside is generally a straight line. Is this a flaw in the kit?

• 7 months later...