F-16D progress (1/48 Has)

Just finished the wheels, they are Royale resins block 50/52 wheels. Talk about high quality! Love these wheels!

One more comment, the amount of "bulge" is perfect, not too much like other wheels, just right.

wheels-1.jpg

Edited by drhornii

doc,

before it's too late, perhaps you might just want to eliminate one of the panel lines on the rear of the fuselage. it's on the long rectangular panels, topside, nearest the engine (fwd of the two oval panels). the upper panel has this funny circle panel line that's non-existent on real vipers. i can't recall the proper panel number at the moment, except that it's a #44-- or #45-- panel

drPepper

doc,

before it's too late, perhaps you might just want to eliminate one of the panel lines on the rear of the fuselage. it's on the long rectangular panels, topside, nearest the engine (fwd of the two oval panels). the upper panel has this funny circle panel line that's non-existent on real vipers. i can't recall the proper panel number at the moment, except that it's a #44-- or #45-- panel

drPepper

I think it's too late now, already dull coated etc.....I wondered about the circles (one per side). Good to know

Finally some more progress, I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Next step is to finish the engine nozzle & add weapons. I also plan to add some RBF flags at some stage. Hopefully I can do all this without breaking of that pesky Radome pitot tube again!

90-01.jpg

90-03.jpg

90-04.jpg

90-05.jpg

90-06.jpg

Looks great, David! Gonna put an AIM-9X on it? These guys just got the -X and JHMCS a little while back.

Jake

Hmmm, that is a good idea. May have to do that, AIM-9X......the rest of the loadout will be 2x GBU-38 & 2x GBU-12 on a make shift BRU-57's. Using the BRU-3? from a F/A-18 kit. I will likely replace it with a Shull24 BRU-55/57 as soon as they are available.

Lets not forget a pair of AIM-120 on wing tips.

Anyone know of a good crew ladder? Has one needs correcting and not sure if I want to attempt the Eduard PE one. I was hoping the Tamiya kit would have one but no luck.

Edited by drhornii
Anyone know of a good crew ladder? Has one needs correcting and not sure if I want to attempt the Eduard PE one. I was hoping the Tamiya kit would have one but no luck.

Doc,

the eduard one is brilliant. Very close to the real thing. Just missing paint chip marks, rough surfaces for the stepping platforms

the rest of the loadout will be 2x GBU-38 & 2x GBU-12 on a make shift BRU-57's.

Do they have the BRU-57 yet?? I didn't realize. I really need to get back there to visit one of these days.

Jake

that's a nice LITENING pod. is that one of mine?

Sure is, great job on producing a much needed Litening AT pod!

I may order a PE crew ladder, just dread bending it up.

Jake, as for BRU-57, I was informed that we will get them this summer.

Edited by drhornii
mate i think that the seats are foa to high up!!!! i bet that the canopy cannot be in the closed position with the seats like that!

I agree but I have shaved a ton to get them where they are now and still tall. Not sure if my tub is in too high or seats are too tall. Not the same seats that came in the cockpit set but both are BB seats. Seat cushion is about even with side consoles so I bet seat is fine, just tub too high.