Hey Karl,

I have this kit. I have the same after-market stuff. What I don't have is the time right now. But I know of what it takes to accurize this kit. It requires a lot of hard work and tests the skill of any modeler willing to try it. You've done an outstanding job on your Prowler. :cheers:

Randy

Thanks a lot for all the really nice comments, folks! And thanks for posting that great pic, Jeff! Sure didn't take long for ICAP III jets to look as dirty as the rest of the fleet!

Aaron- not that long ago I wouldn't have had the guts to do it either, but I think the confidence comes the more you build. For me, the confidence came because the more I built, the more mistakes I'd have to figure out how to fix. So when the time comes to do a project like this, you ask yourself "what's the worse that can happen?" and the answer is - "nothing you can't fix!"

Awesome job Kolja. You have given me new motivation to start on one of mine.....then again, I can't even find time to finish the 1/72 Hasegawa offering I started back in April (it's close I just need to paint it). That, and I want to see where big brother is going to send me so I can build it like one of those birds. When are you coming back to The Rock again? I'll be done with the RAG around March or so (January El Centro Det, February Boat Det).

Cheers,

Mike

Awesome job Kolja. You have given me new motivation to start on one of mine.....then again, I can't even find time to finish the 1/72 Hasegawa offering I started back in April (it's close I just need to paint it). That, and I want to see where big brother is going to send me so I can build it like one of those birds. When are you coming back to The Rock again? I'll be done with the RAG around March or so (January El Centro Det, February Boat Det).

Cheers,

Mike

PRD is February, but no orders yet. Detailer said I wasn't going to Japan, so I've got a house lined up and approval for another mortgage, just don't know when to set closing and all that. Which is fun...

Having done the Intruder, straight out of the box, I know how much blood, sweat and tears must have gone into that kit (not to mention money! :blink: ). Karl, you did an absolutely amazing job on that kit, the realism is outstanding. Your article on the process of the build was an education as well! :D I have the Prowler in my stash, and one day I hope to build that kit to a standard half as nice as yours.... Preferably after the memory of the Intruder build fades somewhat! :doh::rofl:

I salute you, sir. :D

Nice job dude.

With all that writing for your article, you might as well write a book on how to tackle the Prowler......

:blink:

Daniel

It felt like I did :rofl:

(nah, not really, I had to do 30+ page monsters in college, and now I'm editing a 500+ page manual... which is more computer screen than any person should have to endure).

Thanks again, everyone :D